Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New member  (Read 2026 times)

urbfro01

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is Great!
« on: November 11, 2012, 01:30:47 pm »

Hello everybody. I think I´m the newest member right now, so I´ll tell ya guys a little bit about myself and my hobbies. I´ve been into modelling for a couple of decades now. Mainly armour 1/35, but I stumbled over a Robbe S 130 for two years ago. Jiizuz what a mess! Right now me and a friend ( Thanks Lennart!) are fiddling with the foredeck, if I only had read Martins review before! Well, the setup is with the standard 3 x 380, but equipped with three ESC:s. Letting me to control it just like the original. Alongside with the S 130 I´m working with a 1/350 Tirpitz and the old Airfix E-Boat, both of them R/C equipped. I did find a playiing kit in the hobby shop with two boats in it, each of them with two engines with full speed ahead and reverse, and transmitter/reciever. With a price tag which said 40 USD you didn´t had to think twice.  ok2  I´ve fitted the engines and recievers, and have made my testing trials. It works out nice for the schnellboot, but the speed is to high for the Tirpitz. I have to set it down a bit, othervise it was a smooth operation. I´ll post some pictures later on. I´m from Sweden, and snow is not  far away, which means that there will be plenty of time to be in the minature shipyard!

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 01:45:53 pm »

A Hearty welcome to the Mayhem urbfro01.. (first name?)

Ah, the Robbe S130 .... happy nightmares!  ok2

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/Builds/S130/1ndex.htm

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

urbfro01

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 02:55:21 pm »

First name Urban, yes I know it sounds very odd in english ok2 , but it is the one that my folks  gave me in the mid-60´s.

A Hearty welcome to the Mayhem urbfro01.. (first name?)

Ah, the Robbe S130 .... happy nightmares!  ok2

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/Builds/S130/1ndex.htm

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 04:49:25 pm »

Does the name mean the same thing in Swedish Urban, as in English?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_area
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

urbfro01

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 05:36:05 pm »

Yes it does Martin ok2 My middle name is Peter, which is much more suitable when you work with you anglo-saxians guys ok2 And yes; that S130 is really a piece of it´s own! It feels like that the staff had a big party, and the day after that they constructed the foredeck assembly.. Sad, because the kit is otherwise fairly good. (Despite the instruction that is..)
Since I have experience from our old Swedish landing crafts with three engines I wanted my S130 to have the same ability as theese old ledsleds. And my trials shows that is the case! With full rudder and forward on my aft prop and backward on my starboard prop, I really can turn 360 on a spot! Really cool in fact. I´ve looked for a crew, but the odd 1/40 scale makes it as easy as to find teeth on a hen ( Swedish expression..sorry!) But I found Revells reissued 105mm howitzer with a set of 4 crewmen in the scale...1/40! With small and big modifications I think I´ll manage to get them to reassemble a bunch of  german seamen. BTW: Do you guys meet sometimes and run your boats and maybe sink a pint or two? The world is so small nowadays so it would be great fun to participate sometime

Stormbringer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 10:15:06 pm »

welcome aboard  :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.