Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Harry Potter  (Read 1240 times)

deadbeat

• Full Mayhemer
Harry Potter
« on: November 11, 2012, 01:42:09 pm »

I was reluctantly dragged to the Harry Potter Studio Tour the other day, not being a Harry Potter fan, neither read any books or seen any films, I was nevertheless impressed by the craft of the set builders and modellers.
Weathering and texturing of the sets were superb you would think walls were really stone and so old.
The animatrons for the weird creatures were shown especially the werewolf where the servos and controls were were all exposed, these modellers were really more into robotics than models and some creatures were radio controlled. It put the requirements of any model boat for R/C into simplistic perspective.
The highlight was the model of Hogwarts which was where the real external shots for the film were taken, the model was huge well over 20ft high and probably twice that around a squarish base. Railway modellers would go green with envy at the landscaping.
An amazing insight into professional modelling and movie making, well worth a visit. If you take any kids/grand kids, blindfold them when you go through the shop as you will come out poorer!

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Harry Potter
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 05:01:53 pm »

Looks good... may have to ge next year with the kids
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.