Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: POLICE AND CRIME COMMISIONERS.  (Read 4391 times)

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: POLICE AND CRIME COMMISIONERS.
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2012, 05:47:09 pm »

But just how relevant is that now, it was 28 years ago?

very relevant today colin, and even more so when South Yorkshire have not only been accused of "cooking the books" as far as Hillsborough are concerned, but the miner's strikes as well........very relevant indeed.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2012, 05:49:08 pm »

As for people giving their lives, yes, they did and do, I attend remembrance services and I vote in all political elections.
well, believe it or not......that is exactly what the vote yesterday was about..........if you think it wasn't then you are living a dream matey.
In fact it was an underhanded bi election of sorts organised by the Torries, mid term, on the cheap to see how their mid term popularity was going..........and they only just came out on top but without a mandate.......that's why Cameron is gloating so much saying it was all a success.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2012, 05:53:42 pm »

Am I cynical or what!!!! O0 O0 O0 O0

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2012, 06:01:20 pm »

Am I cynical or what!!!! O0 O0 O0 O0

No never!  ;D
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2012, 06:31:30 pm »

very relevant today colin, and even more so when South Yorkshire have not only been accused of "cooking the books" as far as Hillsborough are concerned, but the miner's strikes as well........very relevant indeed.

Hillsborough was 23 years ago so while I agree that anyone culpable at the time should face prosecution now I don't think we should be using events of around a quarter of a cemtury ago to dictate what we should do now. Any action needed now should reflect the shortcomings of today's policing such as ignoring the grooming of young girls in the Midlands or fiddling with crime statistics in Kent. Different circumstances altogether which require different actions.

Ultimately, as in every organisation, you need the right people at the top who can impose the right ethos by sheer strength of leadership. Relying on superannuated politicians and well meaning amateurs as PCCs to appoint such people isn't the best way to go about it. If there are problems then you need to look at the root cause and address that rather than just slapping on band aids. But of course that requires some serious thinking and expertise on the part of government ministers and I think that most of them are simply intellectual lightweights and not up to the job. They can never, ever resist the desire for a quick fix and always have a limited horizon. Unfortunately a lot of things are not susceptible to a simple solution and so bodges are resorted to. Can't make up my mind about Philip Hammond though as he does give the impression of somebody trying to get to grips with the problems at the MOD and he does have a sound business background.

Colin

Stavros

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2012, 06:41:44 pm »

I suppose I am going to get shot down in flames for this but what the heck

I thought it went against Mayhem rules to discuss politics on here .....which this topic is and belive you me it will end in tears

Dave

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2012, 07:09:35 pm »

I agree with Dave, we are entering dangerous ground here and maybe the topic should be locked.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2012, 07:13:52 pm »

Yeah, fair enough.

Topic Locked.
   :-)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.