Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Sigma Build  (Read 16889 times)

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Sigma Build
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2007, 08:56:26 pm »

The servo problem, I am missing 5mm, yes 5mm, in this set up. Whilst I can get it in I am worried about the stress on the tightly bent leads, asking for problems I think. It looks like it will be a high torque standard servo going in, that means more delays as that was not budgeted for......I like the look of the ACE digitals but they are over 1000sek here so i guess it will have to wait a while. SWMBO visited work the other day and my daughter kindly showed her the new boat  :o As she hadn't seen the L ynx since the repaint she assumed 2 new boats  ::) Guess who has to sell something soon............

OK so I can't write L YNX as a complete word again ??? ??? ??? ???

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2007, 09:35:14 pm »

So this is where you are hiding Ian  ???
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2007, 09:37:41 pm »

Real life, Richard  ;D You need to be careful wandering around these parts at night  :o

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2007, 01:16:16 pm »

Well Ian,

I see you are back from your holidays now, have you got any more building done yet?

Glenn

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2007, 02:27:50 pm »

No rest for the wicked then  ::) ::) ::) Got back Saturday night and still trying to dry out  :( No progress at the moment but soon I hope  ;)

Edit. Just to please Glenn I did a little after work today but no pics yet. In between drying out the caravan, ground sheet and working out why we had over 90kgs on the towbar (not good in the winds we had coming home) I fitted the cowl locks and moved the throttle connection from the L ynx to the Sigma. Pics tomorrow maybe...

Still can't write l ynx as a complete word ??? ??? ??? without getting a

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forum/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. "

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2007, 12:49:04 am »

LINX  ;D

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2007, 12:56:05 am »

Bad spelling Martin  ::) Weird huh, can you write L ynx as a complete word???
Well, I'm getting somewhere. Picked up a new steering servo and got on with the box.
My way to make a servo bracket. 3mm alu 30 x 30 L-profile, files, drills, taps and hacksaw.......

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2007, 11:09:14 am »

yea its very weird mate ,you stealing my ideas mate thats same way i do brackets for my servos  ;).hows the weather over there ? seems summer migh have arrived here at last.seems a lot of europe has been having crap weather too i met a cpl from holland on our hols im majorca and they say they have had a lot of rain also.youd think this country would say enoughs enough ,these water boards are doing nothing to stop the flooding ie building flood barriers etc its nothing new either 60 yrs ago floods were worse than today .to be honest this global warming bull is getting pretty boring its total rubbish.sorry rant over  >:(  ::)

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2007, 01:10:14 pm »

Lynx
lynx

Seems to work OK now.

At least for me.

Hey ho. Got the engine out of the Miami to go into the new beast, more work and no time to do it. Your's is getting there now Ian. Testing in two weeks?

Glenn

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2007, 07:15:45 pm »

2 weeks should do it (not painted though  ::)), started wiring the box today, why is there always so much wire and so little place to put it ???

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2007, 01:01:38 am »

:) All part of the fun Ian.

G

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2007, 01:55:01 pm »

2 weeks should do it (not painted though  ::)), started wiring the box today, why is there always so much wire and so little place to put it ???
thats what happens when you buy tuperware boxes  ;D lol.

pete_486

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2007, 06:10:39 pm »

hi w3bby how's this for a radio box.
ive just build this one for my mate Al........Pete

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2007, 06:42:47 pm »

hi w3bby how's this for a radio box.
ive just build this one for my mate Al........Pete
Wheres ho going to keep his sandwiches now Pete?.

pete_486

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2007, 07:00:58 pm »

hello Mart ya still a cheeky b***ard  ;D.
that box you see is an electricians adaptable box it is 100% water tight and has a clear plastic lid with a rubber seal (not the ones found in the north sea either) i use them in my trade and i am not a caterer 8)............Pete

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2007, 08:03:02 pm »

Hi Pete, that's neat ;D I have a similar enclosure which is now complete, no pics yet. Not quite as neat as yours, but it will do.
Hope to get some more pics up tomorrow ::)
Ignore Martin, he might go away and build the wooden cat he's been threatening for a while, wonder if that will have a Tupperware box in it ;)

pete_486

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2007, 08:39:35 pm »

haw he will build a wooden one, but there again in the 40s they did have wooden sandwich boxes and maybe marts stuck in a time warp............. ;D...............Pete.

ps Mart no offence ha ha ha ha ha  ;)

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2007, 10:26:30 pm »

cool just teasing yaa mate ,so you might have a spare one lying around then?  ;D it will fit nice in the cat  ;D.Ian how did you guess  ::) .by the way have all the parts i need for the build apart from a rudder,still waiting for a new strut and prop to arrive .also have a new hanson pipe and header arriving friday with silencer .the cat will be zen powered with a clutch as i just like them  ;).got most of my gear from dave .not sure when the build will start but im sure it wont be long.

pete_486

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2007, 10:40:06 pm »

gonna have to book two out on monday and blag the boss i need em ;D.
no but on a serious note ill have to pay for em maybe, if you ask him he doesnt bill you for em hes not bad like that ;).
one for my makara and one for Al's.

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2007, 08:13:30 pm »

More progress, if everything goes to plan then we will have a launch this weekend :)
Completed radiobox, didn't turn out too badly in the end.
Tank mount in place.
Kwikfill in place, some people don't like these, so far I've had no problems with them and like the easy solution to filling the tank and only two tank connections.

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2007, 08:15:19 pm »

Looking like a boat ;)
2 things left to do, pipe support and the oiler, tank for that hasn't arrived yet :(

2772e

• Simon
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Sea Shall Not Have Them
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2007, 08:49:46 pm »

Ian,

Looking good, cant wait to see her in action.

Regards

Simon
Rubbin is Racin!

pete_486

« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2007, 04:26:26 pm »

very nice clean looking build w3bby well done.............Pete

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2007, 01:16:22 am »

Thanks guys, she was due in the water last Sunday and actually got to the waters edge... Had a few hours on her Saturday finishing off and then tried to start her. motor in boat - no spark, motor out of boat - spark, motor back in - no spark, out again, strip, clean all contacts - spark, in again - no spark, out again, check with known good components all good - spark, in again - well you get the drift....Finally at 9p.m I got a good consistent spark and fired the motor, all good for Sunday.
Took two boats with me, threw in the jet boat and had some fun but too bumpy kept just sucking air  ::) then over to the Sigma, refused to start >:( - no spark..... 80 mile round trip and no maiden. I've been so disgusted with both myself and the motor that I haven't even looked at it since Sunday.......
I'll do some work on it tomorrow night and hope to get her on the water Sunday...........

As I stated on an earlier post, no paint on this boat, it's all vinyl (or as some members may remember from Blue Peter with John Noakes, covered with "sticky backed plastic" ;D ;D ;D ;D).....I work with it every day so a good test of both the materials and my application skills :o If it doesn't hold up it's just to pull it all off and paint ::)

omra85

« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2007, 06:38:48 pm »

Ian
I'd be the first to admit I know zilch about sparkies but -
is there any chance of a short occurring between your HT side (eg. plug lead) and the body of the engine which only happens when you are putting the engine back in the boat, maybe through an ally mount or something.
Just an idea.
Danny
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.