Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yachts and Mobility  (Read 3242 times)

rogcox

Yachts and Mobility
« on: November 05, 2008, 08:04:42 pm »

Newbie that's me, at least to model yachting - I've been a 'radio control' hobby man for many years now, enjoying the delights of power boats, helicopters and currently fixed wing and now it's time for the challenge of yachting ! The stumbling block will be my need to take the boat to the 'water' on a bus !

Although there may be other arrangements I can make once I have a local club and friends with transport, at this stage I only want to consider the bus – For ease of transportation, I see that the 'Laser' fits the bill, are you going to tell me that a newbie can't sail a Laser and if you are, what else is there ?

Thanks

Roger

Roger in France

Re: Yachts and Mobility
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 06:13:20 am »

I assure you that a newcomer can sail a "Laser".

Like most things, it takes a little patience and some perseverance. But I promise you will have fun the minute you take it out of the bag.

Maybe my only advice is, do not try your first outing in too light wind. That may sound daft but if the wind is very light the yacht's responses will be slow. Try a moderate to stiff breeze, first time.

Roger in France.

rogcox

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 11:47:15 am »

Thanks for that Roger

Have to say that at about £390.00 (including bag) seems quite expensive. Is this going to be the only yacht I find that will bag-up !

Regards
Roger

John C

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 01:21:03 pm »

What about a footy............should be able to get that on a bus!!

Try www.scalesailing.com

John

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 01:48:44 pm »

Thanks for that Roger

Have to say that at about £390.00 (including bag) seems quite expensive. Is this going to be the only yacht I find that will bag-up !

Regards
Roger

Actually it seems expensive, but the running costs of a sail boat are negligable. And if it allows yo prtability to get on a bus it is well worth it, believe me.
I don't have a car where I am, and when I wanted to transprt my Victoria (not big) it was a real pain.

So yes, the laser will be well worth the money.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Tester

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 01:51:23 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 22 queries.