Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1:10 Yamato Photos  (Read 12553 times)

vnkiwi

• Full Mayhemer
Re: 1:10 Yamato Photos
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2012, 09:23:01 pm »

absolutely brilliant, please keep the photos coming.
I have a plastic 1:400 kit of the "Yamato" which I've had in storage for more than 25 years. Have now hauled it out, and with with the help of your photos, this will become my long term project, to build and detail as I had originally intended. Hopefully I can find some photo-etch at this scale to help, or I will have to draw and get made. There is going to be a fair bit of scratch work on this as its a very old kit with thick heavy moulding in places.
Thanks for sharing
vnkiwi
If it ain't broke. Don't fix it !

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
Re: 1:10 Yamato Photos
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2012, 09:11:28 am »

Hi what fantastic shots and what a model, perhaps you can answer a question about her hull.  What are the large cut-outs in the sides at her stern for? they look as though there should be some form of boat hanger or something stored there.
keep postig   Geo.

Got it in one.  The doors are indeed boat "hangers"  The boats are run out using an overhead gantry crane which can be seen at the top of the diagonal braces.
No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 22 queries.