Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: British Submarine Colours in big pots?  (Read 1804 times)

TomP

• Full Mayhemer
British Submarine Colours in big pots?
« on: March 04, 2013, 12:55:38 pm »

I'm getting to the point where I need to paint my S class submarine but not sure of the colours, I have seen Dark Admiralty Grey and Light Admiralty Grey which I might use but need bigger pots that the little 12ml, as the model is 2.2m long! any ideas?? Thank you for any help

peter c

• Full Mayhemer
Re: British Submarine Colours in big pots?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 01:43:58 pm »

Why not take a colour sample to Halfords and check their car paint section, I'm hoping to do that when I start painting my battle-cruiser, they should have something close and it will be a lot cheaper than buying lots of small tins.

The other option is to find a local paint supplier and have some mixed up, some of them can put it in aerosols as well.

Regards

Peter
Member of Chasewater Model Boat Club and Mid Wales Model Boat Club

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
Re: British Submarine Colours in big pots?
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 05:13:40 pm »

Any decent car paint suppliers will mix you up half litre of paint or more. The paint will be better than the stuff you get in model shops, and much cheaper. Halfords isn't bad, bit expensive,a nd they only mix to a specific range, wheras a good car paitn shop can mix to colour chip if you have one.

Ebay is another good source for car paint products.

Probably a good idea to give the twin pack products a miss, they're not really suited to home spraying- got lots of nasty stuff in them.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 22 queries.