Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exeter & District Model Boat Club  (Read 3553 times)

ads90

• Shipmate
Exeter & District Model Boat Club
« on: December 12, 2012, 10:20:38 pm »

How sad it was to see that the Exeter & District Model Boat Club must quit its long-time home on the Dragonfly Lake at Crealy Adventure Park, on the outskirts of Exeter after almost 30 years of being there. How difficult it must be in these uncertain times to easily find another water space to hold their meets on.
My club's lake is owned and managed by the Local Council and I always say that we should use it as much as we can (which we do but could do better) because in these austere times when Councils are trying to make the most with respect to savings the old saying "Use it or loose it" springs to mind.
I wish the members of Exeter & District Model Boat Club all the best in their search for a new "home" and trust that this won't take them too long.
Alan

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
Re: Exeter & District Model Boat Club
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 11:48:38 pm »

What is the reason they are having to shut up shop..

mk1

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 12:41:41 am »

The reason they had to quit was the Crealy Park management have other ideas and use for the pound which did not include model boats. They have to be out by Dec 31st.

John

Artistmike

• Full Mayhemer
  • North Devon
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 08:31:21 am »

That's a real shame and I speak as a member of another Devon club who regularly visit Exeter and District club at Crealy. ... I sincerely hope that they manage to find a suitable venue soon, though I know in this day and age that can't be easy....
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” George Bernard Shaw    :)

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 02:31:49 pm »

I hope the lads find a new venue soon.Mind you with the amount of flooding around the area recently,they shouldnt take long to find somewhere! lol
Mick F

ads90

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 08:10:10 pm »

I see from The Exeter Model Boat Club web site that they have an extension till 28th of Feb   2013 to vacate their club water at Crealy and this gives them an extra 2 months to find new water. They are asking anyone out their who knows of any lake, pond etc. they could use to let them know ASAP.
I wish them luck and hope they find something soon.
Alan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.