Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: IN MEMORY OF DickyD  (Read 27217 times)

inertia

Re: The sad passing of a Mayhem Legend - DICKYD RIP
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2012, 01:26:16 pm »

Oh dear. First PMK and now Richard (two of the very few people whose voices I would instantly recognise on the phone).
I couldn't say anything better than Colin Bishop's tribute, save that Richard was a loyal friend and customer and I shall miss him a lot.
Gill - I know how much Peter Kierle's family appreciated the comments made here when he died, so I hope you will gain as much strength from the Forum members as they did at such a dark time.
Dave M

emlra

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2012, 04:24:12 pm »

RIP Dicky D

Not lost....just gone to prepare the way.
Condolences
Rex
Yer Tiz!

CF-FZG

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2012, 09:20:46 pm »

To echo and paraphrase Bryan,

Dicky was someone I could have a blazing argument with one minute, then I'd ask a question and he'd be one of the first to offer me advice or help :-))

RIP Dicky :((

Mark.
Mark.

Tonka Toys - Big boys toys :)

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2012, 09:21:58 pm »

Dear All

I have now arranged Richard's funeral, which is on Thursday 3rd January 2013 at 2.30pm.  This being held at the Wessex Vale crematorium, Bubb Lane, Hedge End, Southampton, SO30 2HL.  We would be very happy if anyone would like to attend.

Once again we would like to thank everyone who has put such wonderful messages on the forum.  I didn't realise how much everyone thought of  Richard.  All the messages have been of great help to both myself and the children.

Thank you everyone.

Gillian
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

dodes

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2012, 09:35:14 pm »

I only met him a few times, but he and his wife always made you welcome and I liked him and his mischievious spirit, God bless him.

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2012, 05:33:12 am »

I swear I already posted on this! I had many a conversation with Dicky over deans marine kits and when I visited him he was in fine form. He kindly made me a cuppa and showed me his modelling room.. The one thing that impressed me was his modelling Board was an ironing board! As he said I can alter the height , to either stand or sit and walk around to the other side without moving the model. Coming from someone who was disabled he solved a problem I had been having! He was definitely a character and I shall muss his wit and wisdom and yes his argumentative side.. The last project I know he was working on was Martin's sovremneyclass ready to run boat,, I had sent Him a new scale heli for it,  I hope he finished it or he'll be haunting us on this forum
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2012, 08:04:21 am »

This site certainly will not be the same without him.
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2012, 08:44:16 am »

Dear All

I have now arranged Richard's funeral, which is on Thursday 3rd January 2013 at 2.30pm.  This being held at the Wessex Vale crematorium, Bubb Lane, Hedge End, Southampton, SO30 2HL.  We would be very happy if anyone would like to attend.

Once again we would like to thank everyone who has put such wonderful messages on the forum.  I didn't realise how much everyone thought of  Richard.  All the messages have been of great help to both myself and the children.

Thank you everyone.

Gillian
Gillian, Unfortunately a lot of members may not be able to attend, due to distance, myself included, but you will all be in our thoughts.
Rather than flowers ( and I'm not one to even buy my misses flowers, lol) would Dicky have had a favorite charity that anyone who so wishes, could send a donation in his name......I'm all for that way of remembering him.
Neil.

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2012, 10:40:44 am »

I swear I already posted on this! I had many a conversation with Dicky over deans marine kits and when I visited him he was in fine form. He kindly made me a cuppa and showed me his modelling room.. The one thing that impressed me was his modelling Board was an ironing board! As he said I can alter the height , to either stand or sit and walk around to the other side without moving the model. Coming from someone who was disabled he solved a problem I had been having! He was definitely a character and I shall muss his wit and wisdom and yes his argumentative side.. The last project I know he was working on was Martin's sovremneyclass ready to run boat,, I had sent Him a new scale heli for it,  I hope he finished it or he'll be haunting us on this forum

Klunk,

Yes I remember well about the ironing board which he also posted a photo it in use and Dickie also mentioned you could get brownie points by buying SWMBO a new ironing board from time to time and 'appropriating' the old one.  {-) {-)
Gunna build those other boats one day.

Spook

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2012, 11:10:03 am »

Very sad news. My condolences to the family.

I'm grateful to Dicky for the many items of good advice and words of support that he gave me when I started this hobby.

I'm sure that God's pond is much bigger than Dicky's local one. Happy sailing! RIP.

J.beazley

• Full Mayhemer
  • The building never ends
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2012, 04:09:00 pm »

Gosh only just seen all the messages, gone but NEVER forgotten on the forum and in our hearts RIP Richard.

Had the pleasure of talking, typing, meeting and sailing with the fine chap that's made many of us inspire to his modelling abilities.

Many sympathies to Gill and family.

Jay
1:48th scale for my ships. Large enough to show gratuitous detail, small enough to stay married.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
IN MEMORY OF DickyD
« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2012, 04:38:42 pm »

I received an email from Gillian this afternoon, after I posted on his memorial about making a donation rather than send flowers to remember Dicky by , and Gillian has asked me that if I (or anyone else who feels that they would like to make a donation) to the hospital that treated Dicky on his many occasions that he was unwell in recent times could they please make a donation by making a cheque payable to "Southampton Hospital Charity".

I have Gillians postal address and the cheques can be sent to her, if anyone would like to pm me I will be glad to pass it on to them.
I will also forward Gillian's email to Martin if you would prefer to contact him.
thank you.

neil

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
Re: IN MEMORY OF DickyD
« Reply #87 on: December 18, 2012, 06:30:37 pm »

Neil,

I found this web site which allows you to make donations to the hospital charity in a  variety of ways

http://www.uhs.nhs.uk/Charity/MakeaDonation/MakeaDonation.aspx

Barrie

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2012, 07:27:04 pm »

Neil,

I found this web site which allows you to make donations to the hospital charity in a  variety of ways

http://www.uhs.nhs.uk/Charity/MakeaDonation/MakeaDonation.aspx

Barrie

Excellent  :-)) :-)) :-))
Gunna build those other boats one day.

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2012, 08:29:12 pm »

Excellent website Barrie, Thank you
Have made a donation
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

Perkasaman2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2012, 08:34:30 pm »

I am deeply saddened by the loss of our Dicky - a huge loss to Mayhem. Deepest sympathy to Gill and family.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2012, 08:37:11 pm »

It might be useful to know which Mayhem members might be able to attend Richard's funeral and at the same time represent those who are not in a position to do so. Obviously with a world wide membership, only a few of us will be in a position to attend in person but I think that the many posts on this topic do demonstrate the impact (in more ways than one  %) ) that Richard had upon this Forum.

Colin

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2012, 09:04:10 pm »

Even if we all can not be at his funeral. Im sure that at that day he will be in our thoughts. Rip Richard.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2012, 09:08:06 pm »

I received this email a few minutes ago from Gillian, and she asks specifically this please.
neil.

Hi Neil Thanks for putting about Donations on the forum.  Can I ask if you could ask the guys who want to donate to make sure they put Richard's name somewhere, as he wants the money to go two particular wards, The Respiratory Centre and The High Dependency Unit, as he spent a lot of time there over the last two years. Thanks once again Neil.  Gillian
I think that if you wish to donate, then we should respect Gillians wishes, and simply post cheques to her, and either martin or I have her postal address. thanks.
neil.

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2012, 09:11:06 pm »

3rd  January  2013   at 2.30

Members have suggested that

we do not post here at this time.

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2012, 09:45:18 pm »

Myself and Dodes will be attending the funeral.
We did both know him and Gill and live locally.
Anyone thinking of traveling down could meet at my house and travel up as a group.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

cdsc123

« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2012, 10:37:03 pm »

My sincerest condolences to Gillian, Stephen and Paula. Richard was always very supportive of my modelling efforts and I will miss him greatly.

Christian.

bikemec

• Shipmate
« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2012, 07:17:07 pm »

how sad I'll miss reading his posts, my wishes to his wife and family

John

CJ

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #98 on: December 19, 2012, 11:26:31 pm »

Sincerest condolences to his family, will miss his posts of assistance...fair sailing Dicky RIP.
"Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness"

horatio123

• Shipmate
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2012, 02:44:55 pm »

Richard was an excellent model maker and active member of The Solent RCMBC when his health permitted , He will be missed by all his friends in the club and our condolences go out to his Wife Gillian and all his Family in their sad loss .
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 23 queries.