Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: IN MEMORY OF DickyD  (Read 27207 times)

Footski

• Full Mayhemer
Re: IN MEMORY OF DickyD
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2012, 06:14:37 pm »

I thought of him fondly on Xmas day......Still gutted... <:( <:(

martin13

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2012, 08:16:05 pm »

It's been over a week now that I was told of Dickie's passing and it still doesn't seem real. Although rarely on mayhem these days, Dicky and I conversed on a regular basis via Skype.
I can still see a smiling face on the tube with Dicky talking about or showing me his latest project.

Loss of a true mate - My wife and I will miss Richard and his conversation including the members of Task Force 72

Martin doon under
He with the most toys - wins

Sparky

• sparky
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2012, 01:50:59 am »

I have nothing but the greatest respect for Dicky D and his posts on this forum, and can only add my condolences to his family in what must be a time of great sorrow.

If I could achieve a tenth of his achievements in modelmaking I would be extremely happy.

Calypso

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2012, 06:47:41 pm »

I'm new to this forum so all I can say is; R. I. P. Dicky D and condolences to your family and friends.

debssnal

• Full Mayhemer
    • http://www.ateamboatyard.co.uk/
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2012, 07:54:58 pm »

Dear Dicky D you will be missed so much.
You were one of the best.
You will always be in our hearts and minds
Your video well what can i say,everyone see for yourselves.
This work comes from the heart  http://www.srcmbc.org.uk/photo_galleries/gallery_albums/Island_Panther/movie.php

R.I.P  Dicky D

regards
Alan and Debbie

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
dicky d
« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2013, 10:08:00 am »

in memory of dicky d.. hoping mayhemers  will not post tomorrow 3 jan between 230 and 330 ..    regiment

Footski

• Full Mayhemer
Re: dicky d
« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2013, 10:41:50 am »

I for one will honour his memory... <:( <:(

U-33

• Full Mayhemer
  • K-157 Vepr. Akula-11
« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2013, 11:28:42 am »

Same as that, Barry and Regiment...I'll be raising a glass to DickyD tomorrow.

Rich
Rich

K-157 Vepr. Akula-II (project 971U)
---------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~  "Motorflotes need love too...."  ~~~~~~~

MotorFlote build log : http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,15222.0.html

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2013, 11:37:11 am »

in memory of dicky d.. hoping mayhemers  will not post tomorrow 3 jan between 230 and 330 ..    regiment

Can that be arranged by the Moderators/Admin, to ensure it doesn't happen, such as block any posting for that period of time.

Don't forget that, we have members from a myriad of time zones.
Gunna build those other boats one day.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2013, 12:01:34 pm »

Members may wish to post in memory of DD at that time.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

NFMike

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plague Marine Services
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2013, 12:03:25 pm »

Given that DD was a prolific poster (near 10000 to his account) I'd think he'd have said the complete opposite - break the site!   ok2

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2013, 12:21:41 pm »

Please guys, lets not have an argument about this, and do as you feel fit in Dicky's memory!!without reprisals from members chosing the other way.
Now could a mod lock this before it does end in a free for all due to the diverse thoughts of the many.
Neil.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2013, 01:08:56 pm »

Not sure DickyD would have approved the forum being taken down, even out of due respect.... he was always the first to notify me when it was down due to problems.

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/Photo_month/13-01.htm
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2013, 01:39:29 pm »

Please guys, lets not have an argument about this, and do as you feel fit in Dicky's memory!!without reprisals from members chosing the other way.
Now could a mod lock this before it does end in a free for all due to the diverse thoughts of the many.
Neil.

He would love that  :-))  The master of locked threads was DD.

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2013, 01:52:50 pm »

martin  what a great photograph

F4TCT

• I am not completely useless.......I can always serve as a BAD example
  • Full Mayhemer
    • My Boat Builds
« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2013, 01:56:47 pm »

martin  what a great photograph

I imagined him to look like that as daft as it sounds (obviously having never seen the chap before)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2013, 03:35:49 pm »

Richard Densham (aka Dicky D) 1947-2012

As most members are now aware, Model Boat Mayhem has started the new year without Dicky D.

After a long period of ill health Dicky passed away on the morning of December 15th.

Dicky had been an active member on Mayhem almost since it began in 2006 Many members have benefited from his numerous contributory posts, his many builds; and the hours he spent emailing, telephoning or otherwise giving advice and sharing his extensive modelling knowledge. He will be sorely missed by many forum members.

The funeral will be held tomorrow, Thursday the 3rd of January at 2.30pm.
At the
  Wessex Vale Crematorium,
  Bubb Lane,
  Hedge End,
  Southampton, SO30 2HL.
Gillian (wife) and family would be very happy if anyone would like to attend.

Gillian has asked that, rather than flowers, people should make a donation to the hospital that treated Dicky on his many occasions that he was unwell in recent times. If you wish to do this, please make a cheque payable to "Southampton Hospital Charity". Dicky would have wanted the money to go to The Respiratory Centre and The High Dependency Unit, as he spent a lot of time there over the last two years. To ensure that the money goes to the specific wards, and in the name of Richard Densham, the cheques can be mailed directly to Gillian. For her mail address, please contact member Neil, or myself (martin admin) by PM.

Several members have asked if there is any way to mark the time of the funeral. It would be nice if we all mark the time in our own personal way. I know one or two members will be raising a glass in memory of Dicky D, at 2.30 on January the 3rd.

Dicky leaves behind Gillian his wife, and his children Stephen and Paula.
Our most sincere and heartfelt condolences to all the family at this sad time.

RIP Dicky

Martin Davis - ModelBoatMayhem

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Stavros

« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2013, 09:50:48 pm »

Now I was one to often cross swords with Dicky on this forum BUT what a lot of you dont know is that Richard and myself had set up maany of an argument  to stirr things up a bit......Sorry Martin but it is true.He was a greater than life character and his passing is a great loss to not only is Family but also to his adopted family us Mayhemers.

I cna not make the funerla puerly down to the distance involved BUT I will be closing the Gargage as a mark of respect tomorrow afternoon and will have a glass in the shed with my Boats thinking of Dicky.

Farwell old friend and may you sail be allways full of wind and may you sail to wherever the wind takes you

Dave

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2013, 11:50:59 am »

On a personal note:

Dear Gillian and family,

Dicky had been an active member on Mayhem almost since it began in 2006 Many members have benefited from his numerous contributory posts, his many builds; and the hours he spent researching,  emailing, telephoning or otherwise giving advice and sharing his extensive modelling knowledge. He will be sorely missed by many forum members.

Richard usually came across as quite “straightforward” and always called eggs when they quite obviously eggs... and if you disagreed with him, he wasn't averse to calling you a few names too! Martin, (the bloke who runs the model boat forum) was on the receiving end of Dicky's displeasure once or twice but they always managed to resolve their differences quickly … or eventually! After a while, Martin  came to recognise that many of their ....'misunderstanding' were brought on by Dicky’s illness, the resultant strong medication and the frustrations of his physical limitations and Martin & Dicky became firm ‘internet’ friends.

Martin and Dicky shared in several boat building projects via the forum and Dicky's boat building skills were much admired by thousands of fellow enthusiast and drew much praise from a worldwide audience. Dicky’s boat building skills had the ability to make some of us look rather silly when he made certain difficult tasks look so simple.... often coming up with very easy to follow steps to very tricky tasks. If youi wanted to know something about a model boat and Google didn’t have an answer…. ask DickyD!

Fair Winds and Following Seas Dicky. I’m going to miss him on the forum…. it will be a poorer place without him.

Martin Davis - Model Boat Mayhem

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2013, 06:25:42 pm »

Bob (Shipmate 60), Dave (Dodes) and myself attended Richard's funeral this afternoon. His friend Dave from the Solent Model Boat Club was also there.

We did not go just on our own account but also wanted to represent the large number of Mayhem Members who were unable to attend but were thinking of him today.

The service was well attended with many family members present. The tributes were affectionate and showed just how much Dicky loved his family as they did him. His skills in modelmaking were acknowledged and admired and his prominent membership of Mayhem and help for fellow modellers in the UK and all over the world was also mentioned.

These are never happy occasions but we would like to think that Dicky would have felt that he had a good send off. Gillian was left in no doubt about how many Mayhem members were there in spirit if not in body.

Farewell Richard, you will be remembered.

Colin

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2013, 07:26:38 pm »

thank you colin for putting it on the foram a bit to far from cornwall but had my moment of silence  wish i could print the photo    regiment

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2013, 07:57:07 pm »

If anyone would  like copies of the order of service please PM me your email and I will send it to you.

Colin

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2013, 08:02:43 pm »

Many Thanks for that Colin.
A sad day for such a young man (65).
As you have said gone but not forgotten.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
A Big Thank you From DickyD
« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2013, 10:18:55 pm »

Dear All

I would like to thank everyone who has posted on the Forum about DickyD.  As you can guess today was a very hard day, but I am sure he is looking down and saying a big thank you for all the postings.  I have printed them all off and will be keeping them in a keepsake box, which arrived today.  I would also like to thank the members who attended the funeral.  He had a good sent off from everyone.

Over the next few weeks I will be deciding what we are going to do with Richard's boats.  My son, Stephen and I have decided to keep a couple of them so we can sail them as a tribute to him.

Once again thank you.

Gillian
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.