Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Steinlager Plans  (Read 2678 times)

Navegante

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Steinlager Plans
« on: December 16, 2012, 05:09:57 pm »

Dear Members,
My name is Jose, I'm portuguese, living in Southampton and use to build model boats.
I am searching for the Steinlager 2 masts from the famous Sir Peter Blake.
I would like to ask the help for the member of this nice forum to help me to find this plans.
Somebody can help me??
Thanks in advance and I would like to use this opportunity to wish a Merry Christmas for all members and your families and a Wonderful New Year!!!!
Regards
Navegante

longshanks

• Full Mayhemer

Nitro145

• Shipmate
Re: Steinlager Plans
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 01:51:35 pm »

Hi,
if you're looking for the maxi ketch from the 89/90 Whitbread, take a look at the designer's site (Bruce Farr). You'll find some useful plans:

http://www.farrdesign.com/190.htm

Sailplan: http://www.farrdesign.com/pdfs/190sailplan.pdf

Deck Plan: http://www.farrdesign.com/pdfs/190deck.pdf

Interior: http://www.farrdesign.com/pdfs/190interior.pdf

Good luck with your build, and merry xmas and happy 2013 to you too!

Federico

Navegante

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 02:27:54 pm »

Dear Federico,
Thanks for your prompt answer. That's right! It's the boat that I am looking for.
The problem is found the plan of lines.
I don't want to build something that's look like, but I want to follow the original plans.
If you know where I can find, just let me know.
One more time, thank you for your help
Regards
Navegante

Nitro145

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 02:51:34 pm »

Dear Federico,
Thanks for your prompt answer. That's right! It's the boat that I am looking for.
The problem is found the plan of lines.
I don't want to build something that's look like, but I want to follow the original plans.
If you know where I can find, just let me know.
One more time, thank you for your help
Regards
Navegante

Hi Navegante,
some time ago I fancied the idea of building a model of this beautiful boat and did some research, but I couldn't find a linesplan.
If you wish to do a sailing model, then keep in mind that you need to change the lines of the submerged hull quite a bit to make it work, so maybe it's not worth it to struggle to find out the real lines plan. I have some experience in building models of AC boats from scratch, and what I did was to find a good number of pictures and analyze them to find out a good approximation of the shape of the hull, and then draw your own linesplan. If you wish, take a look at my site : www.velarc.it. I don't update it much, but you may give a look at my model of Prada and download the plan for free if you wish.

On the other end, if you aim at a precise scale model, I would suggest to write directly to Mr. Farr: info@farrdesign.com ; they're very nice and helpful and if you say that you're a modeller wanting to build Steinlager's maybe they can provide you the linesplan.
Another source could be the current owners of Steinlager in NZ: Ash Taylor, NZ Sailing Trust email: ash@nzsailingtrust.com

Good luck!
Federico

Navegante

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 02:31:34 pm »

Dear Federico,
Thanks again for your pormpt response. When I read your post and see your e-mail, I would like to tell you that I am the fan of your site a long time ago. I check the site every time about the plans for the Volvo Extreme Series Catamaran model that we see in your site. I found the plans of this boats in the internet and build one model with 2 meters in Brasil. Your pictures of construction help me a lot.
Thanks again and Iunderstand what you told me about to try to do some close from the original boat, but before I will try to contact the designer and try to find if he can give me a plan of the lines of this amazing boat.
If not I will follow your orientation!
Trade Winds, Federico!
Regards
Navegante
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 21 queries.