Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: REVELL - How to contact?  (Read 14164 times)

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
REVELL - How to contact?
« on: December 20, 2012, 01:45:55 pm »

Having purchased my Gato Class Sub from WhiteEnsigns It appears I was careless enough to throw away an important part with the packaging. The sub is now complete apart from this item. I contacted Revell according to instructions in the manual by writing to both British and German addresses some 5 weeks ago and have had no response. The British address is no longer valid as the Company occupying! W.E. cannot help. 
I am therefore hoping that someone in this wonderful Mayhem can perhaps provide me with a remedy ie. how to contact Revell who are not exactly providing a good after-sales assistance. <:( .   (email preferably)
The missing part is the front face of the conning-tower, not a part I can competently fabricate myself.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Bob.

salmon

• Full Mayhemer
Re: REVELL - How to contact?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 02:40:27 pm »

Nemo,
If you do not get a response, you might try posting here: http://http://s181686668.onlinehome.us/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=11060 this is the SubCommittee site and more specifically Revell Gato build. Note: I just tried the link and it did not go straight to the Gato wolf pack, so go to Builder Threads > 1/72nd Revell Gato Wolfpack
There is a group doing a build and some have replaced their conning tower. So spare parts might be available. I can't speak for them, but it is another option to try! Let me know if this worked our not. As a last resort, I could see if I can cast the front of mine.
Peace,
Tom
If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 03:28:01 pm »

Tom. Many thanks for a prompt suggestion. However, just a few mins ago I had a call from WhiteEnsign and Judy tells me she is making further enqs with their distributor, so I will await her reply.
Cheers.
Bob.

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 03:33:59 pm »

Bob,
What is it your missing??

salmon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 05:11:51 pm »

If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 10:33:50 pm »

My stepson had some missing intructions and decals in a kit he bought a few months back

http://www.revell.de/en/company/contact_revell/

filled in the contact form and had the instructions a decals within a fortnight
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 08:46:54 pm »

gingyer/salmon.  Yes - that is trhe part No.64.

essex2visuvesi. There was no 'contact form' in my box of parts. Everything but! The manual however, as I said, gave an English address as well as German the same one on your form to which I wrote but received no reply. Thank you for that  which I will now use  and hope that it works. Will let you know the result.

WhiteEnsign have called backwith a phone number that 'might' give me contact Revell. Guess what, today is the last working day before Christmas! Bob. 

duo2cmc

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 10:35:50 am »

Hello Bob,

You can go on-line to "Revell.com", then go to "Parts and Services" on the top of that home page and click on it.  It will open a page on Services and Support.  Go to the middle of the page on the left hand side.  You will see a small box with " Online Parts Request", click on that box.  It will open up a form like page.  Fill in the information for the part(s) you need and Revell will ship it to you.

I put in a request last week for some replacement parts for my Gato. The parts were accidentally damaged during my recent resident move.  They responded to my request and told me that it can take up to 6 weeks to get the parts to me, depending whether they ship the parts to me from Revell in USA or Revell in Germany. I am in Northern California.

Since the 72nd scale Gato is no longer on their on-line catalog, it might take longer.

I have use this service before and they are very responsive.

Hope this helps.
ron

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 12:19:02 pm »

Parts - http://www.revell.com/support/parts-request-2.php

For assistance with your Revell R/C product, wood/balsa, or tool please email hobbyservices@hobbico.com, or call 1-866-HOBBICO (462-2426). More information can be found on our Service & Support page.
Parts - Revell US Model Kits

Revell model kits are subject to extensive quality checks during the manufacturing process to ensure they leave our warehouse in perfect condition. Even with our best effort a part may be missing or broken.

Revell's Parts policy is in place to provide our customers with a quality building experience and was developed to assist with replacing parts that may be missing or broken.

Please be aware parts may not be available for kits that have been out of production for over 1 year. A good refence is the copyright date on the side panel of your box. If parts are no longer available for your kit, you might consider returning it to place of purchase for exchange or refund, in accordance with that store's policy.

If the kit was purchased from a reputable retailer like those found on our web site and, after removing shrink wrap, a part is missing or broken, Revell will provide a reasonable number of replacement parts at no charge.

If a kit is missing several pieces, or is severely damaged, the first course of action is to return the kit to place of purchase. If vendor does not accept return, we may request complete kit (incomplete kit returns will not be reviewed) be returned to Revell at your expense. If it is determined missing parts or kit damage is Revell's fault, kit will be replaced, at Revell's expense, with a similar kit. If it is determined the kit met all of our quality expectations, Revell will return kit to sender with no additional responsibility on Revell's side.

To receive replacement part, the following must be submitted via regular mail:

1) Original sales receipt.

2) UPC code cutout from the box.

3) Photocopy of instruction sheet, with requested part circled, to assist in quickly identifying required part.

If above items are not included with correspondence, parts request may be denied.

Send Replacement Parts requests to the following address:

Revell Inc.
ATTN: Replacement Parts
1850 Howard St., Unit A
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007

If a kit was purchased from a third party retailer, and either the original sales receipt and/or original UPC code are not available, Revell, at our discretion, may support the product by making parts available, but may require payment of Shipping and Handling charges (to be determined).

Acceptable forms of payment are either Cashiers Check or Money Order. Neither credit card payment nor personal checks are accepted. Do not send stamps or cash. Revell can not accept responsibility for cash sent in the mail.

Parts can either be ordered by submitting requirements outlined above or online via
   Online Parts Request

NOTE: Parts ordered online may be subject to quantity limitation and cannot exceed number of parts for that kit.

If you experience problems placing your order online please try again later.

Revell reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify or refuse any part order.

Parts - Revell of Germany

Please note: This policy applies to consumers residing in the U.S. or Canada ONLY.  All other customers should contact Revell of Germany directly at service@revell.de

Revell of Germany kits can be identified by their product number which usually starts with a 0 and is 5 digits long.

Revell of Germany replacement parts, instruction sheets and decals can be ordered in the same manner as Revell U.S. parts.

However, please expect up to 12 weeks to receive replacement parts for Revell of Germany kits.
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 11:16:07 am »

Fellow-modellers, forgive my lack of correspondence for a while as I have been quite ill since 26 December and only now have been able to get back to my PC. I am full of thanks to all who have contributed suggestions since my first request, this site is second to none in this respect as I have found. I feel fit enough to get back in the workshop this morning and before I do, I will attempt to make use of some of your suggestions to get this small but important part to complete my very satisfactory first attempt at a surface runner. Many, many thanks to you all. I will naturally keep you informed of my progress. Looks like I may still have another 12 week wait ! (Sorry Revell, but no response to 2 letters and one email over 2 months is not good enough.)
Bob.

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 01:05:22 pm »

Update as promised for my advisors. I used the instructions suggested by duo2cmc and lo and behold I received a reply this morning from Revell(Germany). A very disappointing lack of service for a kit purchased in November!
Verbatim reponse ... 'Regret having to inform you that we cannot deliver the replacement part you want because this kit is not in our range any more.
Since also no remaining stock and replacement assortments are left in our warehouse we are extremely sorry that we cannot help you in this case.
We hope you will show apprehension for this situation.
Revell GmbH.

I certainly do 'show apprehension for this situation', as their customer service response has proved, in my instance, very poor and not conducive to further purchases from this manufacturer. 
Admittedly this is not a missing part, but a loss of my own making and I must answer for that, but Revell have a rather poor lack of foresight in the customer service area which may affect ones judgement in future purchasing.
Back to the drawing-board now to test my 'bodger-skills' in fabrication of this part.
My thanks once again however, to those who offered assistance.
Bob.

salmon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 04:11:24 pm »

My offer still stands if you want me to make a copy of what I got or go to the subcommittee site and just ask, what will it hurt? Those guys are pretty gracious.

Kazzer

• Shipmate
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 06:27:36 pm »

If you give me an address and the exact part number, I am in communication with HO at Revell Germany and should be able to get this done for you.

Mike Caswell
sub-driver.com

salmon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 06:40:00 pm »

Here is another gracious offer. Mike has helped me before and went above and beyond - even when I was a stranger to him. See what he can do.

dpbarry

• If it ain't broke, break it and curse fixing it!
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Newcastle Lifeboat Station
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 07:30:02 pm »

Nemo,
If you do not get a response, you might try posting here: http://http://s181686668.onlinehome.us/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=11060 this is the SubCommittee site and more specifically Revell Gato build. Note: I just tried the link and it did not go straight to the Gato wolf pack, so go to Builder Threads > 1/72nd Revell Gato Wolfpack
There is a group doing a build and some have replaced their conning tower. So spare parts might be available. I can't speak for them, but it is another option to try! Let me know if this worked our not. As a last resort, I could see if I can cast the front of mine.
Peace,
Tom

Drop off the first 'http://' and you'll get there. Duplicate 'http://'

Declan

salmon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 07:44:29 pm »

Interesting, Admin changed my posting. Yes, Declan is correct the posting as it is now needs one set of http:// deleted. I could not go back to the posting to edit it.

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 12:50:25 pm »

If you give me an address and the exact part number, I am in communication with HO at Revell Germany and should be able to get this done for you.

Mike Caswell
sub-driver.com

Hi Kazzer. It would be great if you could perform this miracle for me as I am now at an apparent 'dead-end'. As I stated above, German Revell wrote this week and told me that there were no more kits and no more spare parts in their warehouse, so I hope you can come up with the part somehow!
The address I have is:
Revell GmbH
Henschellstrasse 20-30
32257 Bunde
Germany.

Tel: (+49/0) 5223 965-0
Email: info@revell.de

The missing  part is No.64, the front part of the conning-tower.
I appreciate any help you can give.
Nemo. (Bob)

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 12:57:00 pm »

Drop off the first 'http://' and you'll get there. Duplicate 'http://'
 http://s181686668.onlinehome.us/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=11060
Declan [/l]
Declan, Many thanks for thar tip - maybe I should have spotted it myself! :-))   I will hold fire on this link at the moment until I hear one way or the other from Kazzer.
Cheers
Bob.

Kazzer

• Shipmate
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2013, 05:42:06 pm »

Hi Kazzer. It would be great if you could perform this miracle for me as I am now at an apparent 'dead-end'. As I stated above, German Revell wrote this week and told me that there were no more kits and no more spare parts in their warehouse, so I hope you can come up with the part somehow!
The address I have is:
Revell GmbH
Henschellstrasse 20-30
32257 Bunde
Germany.

Tel: (+49/0) 5223 965-0
Email: info@revell.de

The missing  part is No.64, the front part of the conning-tower.
I appreciate any help you can give.
Nemo. (Bob)

It's the forward deck piece? Doesn't look like a conning tower part on the Revell pdf instructions  http://www.revell.de/manual/05015.PDF  page 5

But if you've received an email from Revell plainly stating they don't have this part, then I can't see that there is anything else anyone can do.
I notice they say the kit is out of stock and they don't have any more spares. Well, they have just re-introduced
What happened to the original?

Anyhow, I'll drop them a line and see what happens.

CF-FZG

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2013, 07:05:28 pm »

It's the forward deck piece? Doesn't look like a conning tower part on the Revell pdf instructions  http://www.revell.de/manual/05015.PDF  page 5

Hmmm, maybe part 54??  (page 12, step 26)

Mark.
Mark.

Tonka Toys - Big boys toys :)

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2013, 07:48:46 pm »

Those instructions are for they type VII
I thought it was a gato the problem was with..... {:-{ {:-{

salmon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2013, 09:47:21 pm »

It is the Gato and it is the front sail that he is wanting (Part 64). I am going to cast one up tonight, if you want it, it will be ready for you. PM me your address....or better yet, I will keep the cast one and you can have my plastic one. I got another Revell Gato for my birthday. Let's get you building!

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2013, 12:09:46 pm »

Yes it is the GATO as stated!  Thank you Salmon: I have sent you a PM.

To others, thanks for suggestions etc, but it seems the best option for me at present is to accept Salmons most generous offer.
Poor show from Revell on this one.  >:-o

Bob.

Kazzer

• Shipmate
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2013, 12:26:23 pm »

Nemo

I just received an email from my contact in Revell and he needs an address to ship to.

Sorry I got the boat wrong. I thought it was a big part to throw away, that's why I queried it.

But it looks like Salmon has already resolved the problem.

Nemo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2013, 03:15:10 pm »

Kazzer.  Sent you a PM. Nemo.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 22 queries.