Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Russia/Ukraine websites for Yamato and other ship items  (Read 3496 times)

pettyofficernick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Marineville will be destroyed, Muahahaha.....
Russia/Ukraine websites for Yamato and other ship items
« on: December 21, 2012, 10:30:49 pm »

I too had an email from the Russians Re Yamato. I followed the link and found the Russian site. I replied to the email, and was sent a further link to an English version of the same page, It all looks like top quality stuff as well,
Spammers/hackers, I don't think so, more like someone touting for our business. :-)) :-)) :-))

***Moderators note***
This is a split topic, as the subject deserved a thread of its own

The website referred to was originally deleted, however it may be the site mentioned in this thread below.
What I do is best not discussed, for I have been many things in my time....

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Re: Has membership list been hacked ?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 12:20:51 am »

I was given a link a few years back to a Russian site that used to knock out quality brass pulleys etc. for about 1/5 to 1/10 the normal price. You had to buy bags of 10, but no problem at that price.
We have to remember that most artisans have gone from Europe now, most that are left are retired. But there are still many skills alive and well in the former Soviet Block countries. Not all Russian Websites are scams, or mail order brides.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 12:22:20 am »

I too had an email from the Russians Re Yamato. I followed the link and found the Russian site. I replied to the email, and was sent a further link to an English version of the same page, It all looks like top quality stuff as well,
Spammers/hackers, I don't think so, more like someone touting for our business. :-)) :-)) :-))

PO Nick,

Do you still have the link?
Gunna build those other boats one day.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 12:54:30 am »

I wish I did. I think it may be on my other computer. But that is in a box. I have moved home 6 times in the last 4 years, and am preparing to possibly move again. But we digress.
If you can PM member Hermill, if he has re-registered after the 'Great Meltdown of 2012'. He may still have it.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

pettyofficernick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Marineville will be destroyed, Muahahaha.....
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 01:04:39 am »

Here are the links to the Yamato, although they appear to be in Russian again. I can't quite remember what I did now, I may have said I can't navigate their site as I don't understand Russian, and they sent me direct links to Yamato, kit and finished.

http://ml-modelshipscomua.s27.yourdomain.com.ua/mlmodellship.php?page=Yamato-photo-kits&base_file=mlmodellship.dta

http://ml-modelshipscomua.s27.yourdomain.com.ua/mlmodellship.php?page=Yamato-photo-model&base_file=mlmodellship.dta
What I do is best not discussed, for I have been many things in my time....

ardarossan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 01:22:51 am »

Here are the links to the Yamato, although they appear to be in Russian again. I can't quite remember what I did now, I may have said I can't navigate their site as I don't understand Russian, and they sent me direct links to Yamato, kit and finished.

http://ml-modelshipscomua.s27.yourdomain.com.ua/mlmodellship.php?page=Yamato-photo-kits&base_file=mlmodellship.dta

http://ml-modelshipscomua.s27.yourdomain.com.ua/mlmodellship.php?page=Yamato-photo-model&base_file=mlmodellship.dta

For reference, the '.com.ua' part of link, indicates that the webite is Ukrainian not Russian

How much wood would a Woodchuck chuck, if a Woodchuck would chuck wood?

ardarossan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 01:32:24 am »

I was given a link a few years back to a Russian site that used to knock out quality brass pulleys etc. for about 1/5 to 1/10 the normal price. You had to buy bags of 10, but no problem at that price.
We have to remember that most artisans have gone from Europe now, most that are left are retired. But there are still many skills alive and well in the former Soviet Block countries. Not all Russian Websites are scams, or mail order brides.

Although not Russian, this Ukranian site appears to fit your description and includes a couple of downloadable pdf pricelists www.shipmodels.com.ua
How much wood would a Woodchuck chuck, if a Woodchuck would chuck wood?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.