Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: falke  (Read 6684 times)

carisma

• Full Mayhemer
Re: falke
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2013, 03:13:22 pm »

Hi
Here are a few new pics, its getting  there

davidjt

• Full Mayhemer
  • north wales coast
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2013, 03:52:13 pm »

looking good steve :-))

david

eddiesolo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Shiver me timbers...I've spilt me glue!
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2013, 05:36:43 pm »

Here is my ahem-'modified' Falke-re-named the Big-D. She has a wooden deck, one thing I would suggest is to remove the hull lip, this has been damaged on mine and caused a crack in the top hull.

Looking really good Steve, good build. :-))

Si:)
My models are not nice, clean and ship-shape. They be mucky, grubby, rusty and smelly.

eddiesolo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2013, 05:39:38 pm »

Just noticed that your hull doesn't have the lip, so you're okay.

I also made another hatch cover that sits into the frame of the forward hatch, once fitted this contains boxes of fish.

Just noticed that my vents are facing the wrong way  :D

My models are not nice, clean and ship-shape. They be mucky, grubby, rusty and smelly.

davidjt

• Full Mayhemer
  • north wales coast
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2013, 06:31:00 pm »

eddiesolo,

when i built my falke, i ran a piece of timber allong the rim to prevent that edge cracking, if you cut it of it would make the hull flex more, needs stiffener, you can make it out on my pictuers reply 6 above

david

eddiesolo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2013, 08:57:29 pm »

Hi David, I ended up having to bridge the broken rim with wood, but I did it underneath, have also added some edging strip to support it, think you're way has worked out best and given a better finish. As for making the hull flex more, possible. You could build up the inside of the hull to strengthen it. Lovely looking boat David, I must admit she is a nice design and rides well.

eddiesolo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2013, 05:23:56 pm »

Just had another look and not sure if my model is the Falke or Delphin, they look the same apart from different makers and Ł40 in price difference.

davidjt

• Full Mayhemer
  • north wales coast
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2013, 06:40:53 pm »

hi'
i would say it was the same boat , maybe they bought out the company, mine came from VLADYKA models Czech republic, and i paid a lot less than that %% %% %% %% {-) {-) {-) {-) .
also it came with english instructions not german

david

davidjt

• Full Mayhemer
  • north wales coast
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2013, 06:48:24 pm »

home Vladyka Models
Plynárenská 611, Kolín 4, 280 02
Mobil: +420 604 859 880   FALKE

• RC fishing cutter with total lenght 715 mm; it is suitable for the intermediate modellers.
  • Can be used with the electric motor SPEED 400/7,2V fed by six NiCd accumulators with capacity of 1700 mAh, transmition 3:1, and any two- channel RC system, controller 16A.
  • The kit includes vacuum-formed plastic hull, life boat with boat stand and the parts for fitting the individual components of the RC system ( motor bed, receiver bed, servo system bed, controller bed ). The kit includes also the parts of running hardware ( rudder bearing, rudder blade, rudder arm, three blades propeller, shaft, jointed coupling ) and other accessories for finishing the model (lifebuoys, mast, radar, alarm siren, ladder, railings, anchor winch, anchor, lights, searchlight, draw plates, colourful stick on label with windows and name of boat). Wooden ribbons are used for gluing the deck together. High quality die-cut plywood parts allow the model to be finished as shown (deck, cabin, masts and yards ). The construction of the model is detailly described in illustrated instructions ( English or German ).
  • The model surface finish is made by using colour paints ( not included in the kit ).
  • home about products shop e-mail cz ge en  Copyright 2004
    počet návštěv : 
if you click on the blue letters at bottom of page home, about products , shop , email, where i have put this edit, dont no why it came out like this
david

carisma

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2013, 02:39:52 pm »

Hi
Just had a look at the Delphin, and it does look identical to the Falke, but as David said the Falke is half that price, paid Ł70 for mine and it came with a motor, granted the wrong one, but definately worth the money.
Just got some fiddly bits left to do then she should be ready for her maiden voyage :}
Steve

carisma

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2013, 11:03:23 am »

Hi guys
Tried something I'm not too sure of, tried dirtying the deck to give it that "lived in" feeling. What do you think?

Cheers
Steve
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.