The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Lifeboats

New Years Honour

(1/3) > >>

Rottweiler:
I would just like to congratulate Janet Madron,who has just been awarded the B.E.M. in the New Year Honours Listings,for her dedicated work for the R.N.L.I.Janet is the widow of Stephen Madron,who lost his life along with the rest of the crew of the Solomon Browne,in the Penlee Disaster of 31 years ago.She has never stopped her many and varied activities to raise funds for the R.N.L.I. It is said that if there is not a freshly baked fruit cake in the Newlyn Lifeboat house,for the crew,then she is either ill or away,and this rarely happens.I cannot think of a more deserving person.
Well done Janet!
Mick F

Circlip:
Thankfully anyone can nominate a deserving recipient rather than "Suits" away from the operations being the deciding factor.

Just makes one wonder who nominated "The mad woman of chayeaux" :embarrassed:

Regards  Ian

trawlerman:
Hi Mick....Well done indeed..A most worthy reciprient,nice to see her rewarded for all her unseen work behind the scenes ...Rod

regiment:
  who  is chayeaux ??  cannot see any gongs for our armed  forces yet

Neil:
I was just going to ask that............

and well done to Janet.......not enough people like her are nominated, in favour of sports people.....
seems today that all you need to do is peddle like billyo for a while and you get a knighthood, whereas, you can spend a lifetime working for the good of all people and have to fight for recognition......not that those ppeople do it for any recognition.

My hat goes off to janet and my chest swells with pride for her family...A BIG WELL DONE.
Neil.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version