Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: george turner models figures for lifeboats  (Read 8063 times)

wicker

• Full Mayhemer
george turner models figures for lifeboats
« on: January 06, 2013, 01:08:26 pm »

Anyone know te folk that took over the making of the g turner figures for model lifeboats

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: george turner models figures for lifeboats
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 01:17:18 pm »

yes charlie......quite a few of his were taken over by Adrian Clutterbuck of the Lifeboat enthusiast society.

pm me and I'll give you his email address.
neil.

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 11:22:16 pm »

Hi Neil, if you could give me Adrian's email address I need figures too. (he is not the same Adrian from Speedline is he ?.) . I am not sure if the 20 pounds quoted per figure from Speedline includes VAT or not & am still waiting for a shipping cost. He has a great kit but he is not fast with replies. Kind Regards, Mick.   
Mick B.

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 11:43:37 pm »

Hi Mick,
No Adrian Clutterbuck is not the same Adrian of Speedline,although they both produce Lifeboat figures.Adrian Clutterbuck is the guy who took over George Turner Models,and unfortunately he does not advertise,to my knowledge,I and others wish he would!If Neil doesnt PM you his contact details,let me know and I will.Incidentally,I PMd you last night,and havent had a reply?
Cheers,
Mick F

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 03:51:04 am »

PMd you last night,and havent had a reply?

Mick gets so many international pm s, emails, and phone calls that the C I A have put a delay on his line - they just can't keep up with the traffic   8)

Dave
The predictive text on my wife's tablet is driving me nuts 

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 10:09:13 pm »

sorry matey............went to bed early last night kerknankered...missed your post....will pm you his email address.
neil.

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 07:36:08 pm »

Thanks guys for all the emails & help. As some of you may already know my health has been hit or miss for some time now. Despite many tests & scans of all sorts they have not come up with anything concrete that is causing my problems. I still run a small parts company for old British cars. I also continue to build engines, carburettors & gearboxes for special clients & answer loads of questions good & bad in emails & phone calls. There are not many old guys like me left that have 50 years of collected mistakes to share with others, LOL. I try to get some of my boat building done in the middle of all that, so busy is not the word. Dave (Norseman) will be putting up some photos of a C/V joint that I converted for boat use & I think some of you will like very much & is easy to make. Mick F I will PM you in a few days & hope you are well, it is so nice to see the work you do on behalf of the RNLI. Kind regards, Mick B.
Mick B.

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 07:51:06 pm »

Mick gets so many international pm s, emails, and phone calls that the C I A have put a delay on his line - they just can't keep up with the traffic   8)

Dave
The predictive text on my wife's tablet is driving me nuts
Dave,where are your nuts driving you too?
I should change your tablets to "Kalms"
ok Im going now!
Mick F

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 09:15:54 pm »

I would like Adrian Clutterbuck's contact details too as I have a correspondent who would like to buy some 1/48 scale figures.

Thanks,

Colin

ardarossan

• Full Mayhemer
Lifeboat models figures? George Turner or Adrian Clutterbuck or...
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 09:29:34 pm »

For clarification (both now and for future reference), could someone also confirm what the figures currently being sold by Adrian Clutterbuck are being branded as please? i.e. Has the George Turner or GTM brand remained, are they now called Adrian Clutterbuck Figures (or similar), or is there another name that specifically identifies them?  {:-{

Andy
How much wood would a Woodchuck chuck, if a Woodchuck would chuck wood?

heritorasphodel

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 09:40:32 pm »

As far as I know Adrian will be at the London Boat Show on the 19th, he may well have some figures for sale there.

Andrew

riggers24

• Full Mayhemer
  • Just full of stupid questions
Re: Lifeboat models figures? George Turner or Adrian Clutterbuck or...
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 10:18:26 pm »

For clarification (both now and for future reference), could someone also confirm what the figures currently being sold by Adrian Clutterbuck are being branded as please? i.e. Has the George Turner or GTM brand remained, are they now called Adrian Clutterbuck Figures (or similar), or is there another name that specifically identifies them?  {:-{

Andy

George Turner is still going but not in the model boat world, he is still trading and making 1/32 resin slot car kits

Riggers
I will finish the crash tender someday - Still got tooo many toys to play with

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 10:25:14 pm »

I would like Adrian Clutterbuck's contact details too as I have a correspondent who would like to buy some 1/48 scale figures.

Thanks,

Colin
I'll pm you with them Colin.
to put the record straigh, as far as I know and have been told by Adrian in person he bought the moulds off George Turner because george was going to put them, on open market.
At present Adrian isn't as far as I know running abusiness with them and the ones that I developed and sold to Martin pritchard..............he produsces the GT figures and sells in aid of the RNLI shows as well as those from Martin pritchard, and as such I don't know, what he calls his figures as  they are only available from him and no other outlet......as such and bearing in mind that Martin and all the mods on here don't like for members to put their personal details on via email addresses, I am not prepared to put those details on either.

If anyone wishes to contact Adrian, he has given me permission to pass those email details on as  it is all in aid of the RNLI.........
I won't deviate from that and should I pass those details on in PM and they are printed on here on open forum I would ask for martin to make sure it didn't happen again.
Hope everyone understands my position on this and if you need to know anything ask me for Adrian's contact details............OR........join the Lifeboat Enthusiast Society and glean the information from there.
cheers, neil.

ardarossan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 09:25:36 am »

Unless I'm missing something, I've got to say that it does seem a peculiar way to run a fund-raising operation, regardless of whether it's as a business or for a charity.

If potential clients can't get hold of their desired goodies in a simple and straightforward manner, they will find an alternative elsewhere.

In relation to the supply of these figures, surely that defeats the object of the exercise with regards to the raising funds for the RNLI?

Andy

How much wood would a Woodchuck chuck, if a Woodchuck would chuck wood?

furball

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 01:33:13 pm »

Producing the figures isn't really his business, as Adrian runs a risk assessment company - doing them is very much a sideline, and if he can raise a bit of money for the RNLI then so much the better.

Whether to publicly publish his details is up to him, but they're readily available on the 'Contact Us' page of George Turner's site (and elsewhere on t'interweb).

Lance

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 01:54:21 pm »

http://www.rnli-lbes.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3&Itemid=10
That's the link to the Society Neil mentioned earlier. Not expensive to join.

Dave

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
  • I`M YOUR FRIENDLY TRUCKER
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 06:12:26 pm »

£18 per annum,well worth it,and the infomation on most  lifeboats is unbelieveable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 22 queries.