Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to get model surplus in AUSTRALIA ??  (Read 4238 times)

old shrimper

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Where to get model surplus in AUSTRALIA ??
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2013, 10:10:34 am »

OK so if i go 12v and run it at half speed the run time will be better then a 6v run flat out is that correct ??
50 YEARS OF TOWING NETS

martin13

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2013, 10:06:56 pm »

Just a question out of interest from a UK reader......
   I thought Melbourne has a large model club. Don't they have the 1/72nd Warship section? Where do they buy their bits'n'pieces from? BY.

As a TF72 member and the Fleet Base Rep down here, we purchase most of our fittings from APS models or Float A Boat.

FYI Old Shrimper - From “Float-a-Boat’s” December Newsletter:-
Please note: Float-a-Boat will be closed from Saturday 22nd December and
will re-open on Tuesday 8th January.
I imagine Rhonda will be going through her backlog of emails/orders etc.

Float-a-Boat sell and have in store the Full range of Raboasch props. Also Adrian can supply many shafts of various lengths and diameters including  a special order service, ie, the size you want.

There stock is too numerous to have on display, so if you are after that special item, email Rhonda with the details and she will get back to you including postage etc.

I have no connection with Float-a Boat other than a very satisified customer. Even though I reside in Victoria, it is far cheaper for me to email or phone Float-a-Boat to place an order and have it sent through the post.

Cornwall Models - have dealt with them on many occasions and very satisfied with service/pricing etc. They do not charge VAT and various shipping methods supplied. I order via email then phone for Credit Card payment. By the way, a telephone call to the UK is cheap from Oz. I also use the same method for ACTion Gear with Dave in the past and the Component Shop, all of which have provided great service in the past.

Hope this helps.

Martin doon under
TF72 Fleet Base Rep Victoria
He with the most toys - wins

old shrimper

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2013, 11:51:41 pm »

hi mate
i have been in touch with RHONDA and she advised me that they don't do any imperial sizes only metric

was after a 3/16 prop /nozzle and coupling as that IS the shaft size that came in the kit
HAD  i known about the difficulty to get imperial sizes in OZ i would have but  metric stern gear in
thanks bob
50 YEARS OF TOWING NETS

lotsaboats

• Inactive
  • Shipmate
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2013, 11:27:59 am »

Rhonda broke her arm a few days before Christmas after falling over a bag left on the floor of the shop.
And I'm still waiting on prices for strip spruce since her last email several days before Christmas.
If it ain't broke don't bl**dy fix it.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2013, 10:46:01 am »

OK so if i go 12v and run it at half speed the run time will be better then a 6v run flat out is that correct ??
Thats not comparing like with like. 
If you run any motor at half power it will run longer off the same battery than if it is run flat out.  If you run a 6 volt motor from 12 volts at half power, with a modern ESC, it will give the same run time in theory, BUT I have yet to find anybody who can resist the urge to give it the berries, which would result in short run times, short motor life, and possibly a cooked ESC.
If you run a 6 volt motor on a 6 volt 4AH battery, you will get the same run time as a matching 12 volt motor running on a (same weight) 12 volt 2AH battery assuming that everything else is the same because to produce the same power the 12 volt motor will be pulling half the current.  It has to be assumed that both motors are identical apart from the voltage that they have been designed to run on due to different armature windings. 
Multiplying the volts of the battery by the AH figure tells you how much energy is stored, you only get so much work out of the energy no matter how it s used.

"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.