Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Who ate all the pies...  (Read 6005 times)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Who ate all the pies...
« on: January 07, 2013, 01:59:03 pm »

Who ate all the pies? Well over the years.... I did!

A new year, so full of hope and dreams of prosperity so why not loose some weight?!

I'm fed up of feeling so lethargic, sluggish and tiered all the time so I'm going to give it a go
 and see how well I get on.

A bloke here at work swears by the "Fasting  Diet", and he looks good for it so why not try that. 
 Basically reduce & improve your general diet and then 'fast' for any 2 days a week,
 ( ie. limit your calories to 600 or less for the day).
 Details here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19112549
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01lxyzc

Current weight: Too embarrassed to say.
Weight loss so far: 0 lbs or Kg

Target: Reduce waist size by 4 inches by Dec 31.

Reason for this post: 3,000+ member incentive!

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
Re: Who ate all the pies...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 02:04:41 pm »

Quote 'I'm fed up of feeling so lethargic, sluggish and tiered all the time..'

Thats called old age Martin   {-)
Don't Assume Check

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 02:05:52 pm »

But I'm only 25v Doug!   %)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 02:08:59 pm »

Is that AC or DC?

( Edit: See sluggish! Not lifting my fingers high enough from the keyboard! )   :P
Don't Assume Check

NFMike

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plague Marine Services
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 02:12:16 pm »

I've been doing that since the programme aired in August. I wasn't overweight but constantly had to be careful. On this diet I 'fast' 2 days a week and then don't need to worry the rest of the time which is nice. Plus, hopefully, there will be the 'repair' benefit. My average weight has dropped a bit too - probably 5 or 6 lbs.

Artistmike

• Full Mayhemer
  • North Devon
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 02:16:38 pm »

Funnily enough back last September I made the same decision but was totally inspired by the Hairy Bikers diet programme on the TV, so bought their book, cooked the way they suggested and lost two and a half stone, I've now only half a stone to go to be where I want. It was easy, sensible eating and in fact I've never enjoyed food so much !

It's all here and it works ! http://www.hairybikers.com/news/2012/12/19/hairy-bikers-diet-club-has-landed/1649
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” George Bernard Shaw    :)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 02:22:35 pm »

Re: Hairy Dieters - we cooked their Skinny beef lasagne yesterday, not bad at all.

Mrs. Mayhem said she tends to cook that way anyway but now without the pasta and white sauce.

Made it to 80 (25p Richer now)

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 02:33:23 pm »

It may seem strange to those who know me but I have started to try and loose weight , last time I lost weight all I did was cut out bread , and I lost on average 2lb a week this time I am going to do the exact same only now I do a two mile forced march with the dog every day. I am at presant 10 stone 11lbs and my aim is 10 stone or just under. I will let you know how it goes.So if the burger van doesn't turn up a MMM next time she will be doing us all a favour.
                           Cheers
                                   Bob

I'm not old I'm mature middle aged

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 03:12:38 pm »

"It may seem strange to those who know me..."

Strange isn't the word I would have chosen!    :o

Jerry C

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 03:29:24 pm »

Luxury! I dream of when I was 10 st 11lb. I swear by the whisky diet. A bottle a day for a week. I usually lose 4 days.
Jerry.

Made it to 80 (25p Richer now)

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 03:35:39 pm »

I'm only 5ft 41/2 inchs  (don't forget the half ) and in my younger days when doing a lot of push bike raceing when peak fit I was 8 stone 4 lbs wringing wet so you see my current weight is quite a lot heavier plus if I lose some weight I may just get better miles to the gallon from the car
                         Cheers
                             Bob
I'm not old I'm mature middle aged

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 03:40:43 pm »

Hi Lads

Well I think I'll join Martin. I used to be almost 24 stone and now a little over 20. The 'little' is just down to Xmas. Now after stating my weight there should be few members too embarrassed to  confront theirs. If I don't lose more weight then my knee will stop me working before I intend to.

Anyway it's my wife's birthday today and at 56 she'll probably be less than thrilled to be offered a bicycle for her birthday - I intend to get two so we can get some outdoor exercise together.

As for fasting - each to his own. I think not eating between 6pm to 6am will do me more good. I'm also firmly convinced that all processed foods are the root cause of our problems - especially Trans fats added to everything you can imagine.

Dave

IanLloyd

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is Great!
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 03:43:55 pm »

I have been the same weight (70 kilos,give or take a kilo and 5ft 11) for the last 30 years! Tall and slim I am indeed. Does not matter what I eat or how much I always seem to stay the same. The muscles have shifted a bit though, as the wife says, old age is when broad minds and narrow waists change places.

So now I have upset all those who have to watch what they eat I will go away and hide   %% %% .....

now where did I put that last box of mince pies........

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 03:50:51 pm »

Not upset me at all - my obesity was a godsend  :o
I am completely convinced that I would have died about ten years ago during a serious illness had I not the physical resources I had to fall back on. I always worry about you thin guys  {-)

Dave

ardarossan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2013, 04:08:41 pm »

My weight is absolutely fine, although according the chart, I am a little under-height...  O0

Andy
How much wood would a Woodchuck chuck, if a Woodchuck would chuck wood?

Jerry C

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 04:15:05 pm »

Mrs Jerry C here..... Ive snekked in. Little does the poor guy know but I've just purchased the Hairy Bikers book and plan to inflict it on us soon. Well he is Hairy (yes love you do need a hair cut) and he has a motor bike (nicely restored, covered and sat on the driveway) so hopefully it will work on him. (And me too!) ;o)

Artistmike

• Full Mayhemer
  • North Devon
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 04:51:04 pm »

Mrs Jerry C here..... Ive snekked in. Little does the poor guy know but I've just purchased the Hairy Bikers book and plan to inflict it on us soon. Well he is Hairy (yes love you do need a hair cut) and he has a motor bike (nicely restored, covered and sat on the driveway) so hopefully it will work on him. (And me too!) ;o)

Mrs Jerry, the best investment in his health, and yours, that you could have made (for the money  O0 )  The whole point for me has been that the food is great too, really yummy and satisfying and what more could you ask !  :-) The Hairy Bikers have de-mystified the whole thing and made it enjoyable to boot !
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” George Bernard Shaw    :)

NFMike

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plague Marine Services
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 05:44:09 pm »

What everyone misses is that Michael Mosley's 5:2 'diet' was more about the possible health benefits of a restricted calorie regime and how to gain that benefit without becoming some kind of hermit. Weight loss was a secondary concern - more of a side benefit if it happens, and it is not certain it will for everyone.

If it works for you weightwise, the HUGE advantage over Hairy Delias, or virtually any other system, is that once you sort out what you will eat on the two low calorie days the other 5 are just ... eat normally (without going totally silly of course). Pizza after the cinema? No problem, no need to count the calories and plot it or try and rework your 'diet' recipes to account for it. Over Christmas I just moved my LC days a bit so I could eat fully on 25 & 26 as we had relatives staying. I put about 6 lbs on over Xmas and New Year, but despite eating leftover fare (mainly chocolate) since then my weight has actually now almost got back to pre-Xmas levels again.

The downer is feeling a bit hungry on the LC days (today is one of them), but I don't think there are any slimming type diets that work without a substantial chunk of self-discipline. At least it's only 2 days a week  :embarrassed:

pettyofficernick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Marineville will be destroyed, Muahahaha.....
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 06:26:39 pm »

If I were to diet, Morrison's pie counter would have to lay off staff and mothball one of their ovens, now we can't have that can we? And my local butcher, What would he do? Sales of bacon and sausages would plummet and possibly put the poor man out of business. The two little old ladies in the cake shop would surely feel the pinch were I to stop buying their marvelous cream cakes, and finally, the owners of the shop where I buy my clothes, Mr Fat B******'s would loose much trade.So in the interests of local businesses, I shall keep giving them my support in these financially troubled times, and remain a 17 stone fatty. ;) ;) ;) ;)
What I do is best not discussed, for I have been many things in my time....

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 07:09:05 pm »

Look I used to tell the lads at work when your young like them you have a six pack but when you get to my age (58) you get a keg,
                 Regards Howard.

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 07:50:33 pm »

Nick
You are a fine figure of a man. When stood next to me you can always be the skinny guy.

Dave

giovanni

• Live Steam Power
  • Full Mayhemer
  • 1906 Stanley Landspeed Record Car
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2013, 07:54:53 pm »

This Aussie has a good point :

http://youtu.be/aTMOGLbXWIk

Kind regards,
Giovanni

Stavros

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2013, 07:56:26 pm »

I confess to you all i did it lol

Right then why dont we ALL do a collectivve diet starting next week,all put our weights up on here and see who has lost the most by Mayhem.Who ever has lost the most by them well If we all put say a couple of squid in the kitty get oyr famies to sponsor us and all the money then goes to the RNLI .

Dave

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2013, 08:18:05 pm »

Start Building the Bismark,...again... should loose a few pounds in sweat just thinking about it..

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2013, 08:34:53 pm »

Start Building the Bismark,...again... should loose a few pounds in sweat just thinking about it..

You're right!   {-) {-)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 22 queries.