Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smit Nederland Rebuild  (Read 2845 times)

alanpratt

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Smit Nederland Rebuild
« on: January 12, 2013, 07:05:34 pm »

Hello guys I am Fairly new to this so be gentle ,
I have recently purchased a built Billing boats Smit Nederland Tug of ebay which requires restoring.
I need help with what motors, couplings and radio control equipment etc to buy and any tips on how to wire it up It currently has no motors or any other electrical gear.
This is my first model boat project since I was teenager looking to start a new hobbie and looking forward to getting started with the Project.

On a different note does anybody know if there is a model kit of the MT ERLEND (Orkney Towage vessel) out there or a very similar type ,as this is the tug on which i work.

Stavros

Re: Smit Nederland Rebuild
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 09:46:01 pm »

First of all welcome to the mad house so to speak,there are loads on here who can help but it would help a lot if you put your location in your profile as there might be a club near to you or a fellow mayhemer who could help

Dave

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 10:15:28 pm »

Hello Alan and welcome to Mayhem.

Have a look around as we have a mountain of information to help you.  I expect we'll be asking you now we know where you work.    :}

Regards

Ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

alanpratt

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 06:39:28 pm »

I have gone for graupner 500E 12v motors with two speed controllers.
If i wanted to fit a bow thruster which was 7.2volts would i need a sepreate power supply from the 12 volt battery ???

meechingman

• Full Mayhemer
  • Tugs Rule, OK!
    • Andrew Gilbert
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 07:10:45 pm »

The bow thruster in my Neddy is powered via its own speed controller, of course, but still working off the same battery as everything else - except... the mast lights, which are powered by a separate 9v battery. Reason? Just in case of power failure during a night sail. At least I'd still be able to see her and guide one of the other club members' boats in to attempt a rescue.

Neddys turn pretty much on a sixpence anyway, but the thruster gives that extra bite when spinning on the spot, as well as correcting the tug's direction when towing something large.
Admiral of the Haven Towage Fleet.

oldiron

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 11:45:17 pm »

Hello guys I am Fairly new to this so be gentle ,
I have recently purchased a built Billing boats Smit Nederland Tug of ebay which requires restoring.
I need help with what motors, couplings and radio control equipment etc to buy and any tips on how to wire it up It currently has no motors or any other electrical gear.
This is my first model boat project since I was teenager looking to start a new hobbie and looking forward to getting started with the Project.

On a different note does anybody know if there is a model kit of the MT ERLEND (Orkney Towage vessel) out there or a very similar type ,as this is the tug on which i work.

G'day

Perhaps you'll find this thread of some help .http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=10387.0
  For motor controllers I highly recommend the ACTION P94. It makes this vessel perform fantastically.

John

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 12:58:11 am »

dusty

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 11:14:01 am »

Hi
You might want to look at a pair of Decaperm 5pole with gear unit 2,75:1 mine are 30 years old and still run well,.
And yes a Action P 94 (Lite)  ESC Mixer and 92 Distribution Board.

Dusty

dusty

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 11:17:14 am »

Hi
For got to mention i still have the wiring plan.
dusty
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 21 queries.