Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Assembling Fortune 612 ll  (Read 1803 times)

Tcarr

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Assembling Fortune 612 ll
« on: January 18, 2013, 03:15:37 am »

HELP Please...
I am assembling my new Kyosho Fortune 612 ll. The problem I'm having is that the rod that goes from the keel to through the hull seems to be about 1/4" too short.
I had a SEAWIND that I sailed for many years but alas, she was destroyed when I moved.
Thank you in advance for your help, keep smiling!

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Assembling Fortune 612 ll
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 03:38:54 am »

My immediate thoughts is that the keel may not be fully inserted into the slot for the keel in the hull, if they have one. Or if the rod extends throught the keel buld, some adjusting of the nut holding the keel bulb on to the other end of the rod (if that is what they use) could give you what you need.

Some detail pics may help a lot.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

hmsantrim

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 05:54:31 am »

Hi.
      fortune 612 Pdf http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/instructionmanual/racing_yacht/pdf/40011_fortune612_m.pdf

It shows the bolt in the keel,  should exit the deck,  and be fastened to the deck,  with a knurled nut I would say.

Frank.  :P 

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 06:26:35 am »

OK Looking at the info that HMSAntrim kindly posted.

I am making a few assumptions here.
There is probably a slot in the bottom of the hull to seat the keel. The keel may not be fully home.

There is a keel tube running up through the hull. This may not be correctly aligned, especially at the top where it joins the deck, this can be hard to spot. Popping an awl, or similar into the hole in the deck is the easiest way I have found to re-align the keel tube if it is out.
Also the deck is flexible, and may need pulling down to the keel tube. If the keel tube is glued in, a blob of glue could be affecting alignment. As long as the keel tube is sealed at the bottom she should be water tight.

It is possible it is a manufacturing issue, with the steel rod moulded too far down into the keel. But with Kyosho this is highly unlikely.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.266 seconds with 22 queries.