Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help to identify this boat??  (Read 3336 times)

loinerlad

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
Help to identify this boat??
« on: June 24, 2012, 07:24:43 pm »

Does anybody know what this model is that I have just acquired? it has a 52" fibre glass hull which is in mint condition. The superstructure is built from wood and requires some repairs and a re paint, should be a nice simple project for me for the next few weeks!

Can anybody tell me what this is a model of so I can gather some information on it? I have seen one or two of these before on ebay but there is never a name for the model  >:-o

Chris  :-)

Edward Pinniger

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plastic Ship Kit Previews
Re: Help to identify this boat??
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 07:57:51 pm »

There are (or were) a number of kits of large motor launch/cruiser-type boats like this - Billings White Star and Admiral, for example - but the cabin layout on your model doesn't correspond to any of them that I know. My guess is a scratchbuilt superstructure on a commercial GRP hull.

Thelegos

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 08:38:05 pm »

Hi there,
I would say it's a Precedent Hanseat. 51" x 12" beam, late 70's early 80's Massive boat and not too easy to find.

If it's the one on ebay recently it was a good buy :-))

Roger

loinerlad

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 09:02:36 pm »

Hi roger, yes it certainly was the one on ebay  :} bought for 40 quid but had to travel from Leeds to Staffordshire to pick it up but it was worth it. I originally bought it to use the hull to make a bit better looking boat from but now you have told me the name of it I might repaint it and keep it as it is.

Chris

Thelegos

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 09:56:28 pm »

Hi Chris,

It was well worth the trip, if you Google you should find some images you'll see there is some superstructure to the sides that's missing but the construction is simple. The kit was £55.95 in 1980 which was even more expensive than their 49.5" K.D.Perkasa with the fibre glass hull. Most of it looks very serviceable and it would be a shame to strip her down just yet. You can't beat a bit of vintage boating ok2

If you have old magazines from the time you'll find it in there I'm sure. I have an unbuilt boxed kit stashed away in the loft that's not seen the light of day for some time due to an extensive 'work in progress' list!!

Cheers,
Roger

hmsantrim

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 05:52:55 am »

Hi chris.
            Yes as the man said precedent hanseat I have one myself also an ebay special did`nt know what it was till I found an add for it
             in an old model boat mag on the same page with the perkassa.  As well as the bridge wings it also had a funnel. 
             Will up some pix of mine later, meantime some from the files.

Frank

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 09:35:43 am »

There are (or were) a number of kits of large motor launch/cruiser-type boats like this - Billings White Star and Admiral, for example - but the cabin layout on your model doesn't correspond to any of them that I know. My guess is a scratchbuilt superstructure on a commercial GRP hull.

not a white star... too big
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

loinerlad

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 08:30:03 pm »

the one you have Frank seems to be in a lot better condition than mine  {-) great looking boat! I just googled the name and found plenty of images for it but not much information. I will keep searching.

Chris

Loopyleo

• Shipmate
  • Precedent Hanseat
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 03:47:38 pm »

Hello

I also own a Precedent Hanseat, Mine was built by my family in 1979. I have been looking around for more details about it also. Where it come from and it's value. I am looking forward to getting it back on the water.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.