Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: ACTion R/C Electronics  (Read 12106 times)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Action
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2013, 07:03:00 pm »

I think it is worth a reminder that sending an email doesn't always mean that it gets read by the intended recipient, sometimes they can get lost in the mountain of spam which traders are subjected to.

It is absolutely essential to make clear in the subject line that it is a genuine enquiry. So you would need to title it something like 'Action P80 speed controller enquiry' and not something vague such as 'assistance needed' or even no subject which unfortunately does tend to happen a lot, particularly on things like Forum topics! You need to be able to instantly get the attention of somebody who is perhaps scanning through a couple of hundred emails, the majority of which are spam.

Colin

GAZOU

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2013, 07:04:41 pm »

>:-o

I had the same problem with: Action Electronics or its buyer :Component.co.UK!
Myself, as well as some friends to whom I recommended to buy the kit P97 from Action Electronics, ended up to be unable to make it work properly: noices, parasites, wrong orders,...
Being doubtfull about my understanding, I spent a long time trying to get a contact : no way!
So I tried to turn back to the buyer of this Cy.
No chance either! No way to have a contact neither by mail, nor by phone. Is this society , really exists since?????
Being in charge of a modelism forum, I  always recommended some products from this company and I hope that Component UK will desserve better recommandation.
But, they have to make a big effort , now!  I am really deceived by the attitude of this "gentleman" . Bitter last longer than sweeet !
However , be insured that I keep my highest estim and warm recommendations to the others suppliers with whom, I maintain excellent relations.
Best regards!

U-33

• Full Mayhemer
  • K-157 Vepr. Akula-11
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2013, 07:34:55 pm »

I've never had a problem with the Component Shop...I called Ian a couple of weeks back to enquire about a specific sized and shaped battery pack I needed. Two minutes on the phone, description of the pack agreed on, and four days later it was delivered to my front door. Exactly what I wanted, fitted perfectly and it worked first time out...

Thanks Ian and crew of Component Shop!

Rich
Rich

K-157 Vepr. Akula-II (project 971U)
---------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~  "Motorflotes need love too...."  ~~~~~~~

MotorFlote build log : http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,15222.0.html

mikearace

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2013, 08:29:48 pm »

Never had a problem with component shop and bought a few batteries leads etc from them over a period of time.  But then I have rang and discussed orders with them which isnt always practical I know and email should be answered if its offered.  But as with all sellers/businesses there is always someone who doesnt get the service that they expect and understandably ends up unhappy.  I myself have had three months of trying to obtain three small replacement parts that I paid for from a model boat supplier recognised as one of the leading names (no not Jackie from MS or Ron D I hasten to add) but one of the 'quality' and very long established businesses.  Nobody I spoke to has ever had a problem with them.  But I certainly have and wont be ordering from them in the future if it takes three months of 'yes the order has been completed' 'oh sorry it wasnt, our mistake but it has been completed now'  'oh sorry we thought we had completed it but we were still waiting for the parts to come in'  'yes we will call you back'This week its the snow causing the postman not to pick up - what for three months? And still waitiing................or rather now given up and decided not to be one of their future customers.   
Not just two wheels...........and never trust a hippie

GAZOU

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2013, 09:48:05 pm »

Purchasing batteries and electronic components from Component-shop is NOT a problem. Problem is getting a reaction to technical queries (regarding ACTion electronics).

Guyba

• Shipmate
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2013, 10:07:37 pm »

I fully agree with Gazou.  Buy whatever you want from Component-Shop and just keep the fingers crossed.  If something goes wrong,  hop to the bin and re-purchase.  That’s not the right way to do business and to keep customers.  No I really start to be fed-up.

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2013, 10:21:50 pm »

Sitting on the side lines as a satisfied past Action customer it seems to me that the issue is about Action products and NOT batteries etc.

Excuses are just that excuses. Comments that component shop delivered on time, the next day, I ordered on line etc etc, are irrelevant it is about Components lack of communication, not that Component shop are good with batteries.

I could be wrong, but all non UK commentary, has been negative not a good look for such a good brand.

Customer service is not about delivering on time etc, it is more than that it is also about being available and contactable. This problem crops up frequently about suppliers/traders being uncontactable and they then bemoan the loss of business.

It seems to me that Component Shop has no one who is capable of handling queries about Action products. There was a phasing in period but it seems to me that they have not got their act together fpr this good brand Namley 'Action'.

After all, it has been stated they are in the business of selling products, which now includes Action, and geared up for sales, but maybe not for helping by giving advice.

To be fair, giving advice is time consuming, difficult and may not result in sales, which is what they want.

But good communication, goes hand in hand with sale and customer service.

Before I place my next order I will be checking to see if the situation has improved.

Gunna build those other boats one day.

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2013, 10:27:31 pm »

As I do not think Ian frequents these boards, not sure if he is even a member of Mayhem so cannot defend himself is it right for this thread to continue  :police:

pettyofficernick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Marineville will be destroyed, Muahahaha.....
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2013, 10:34:35 pm »

As I do not think Ian frequents these boards, not sure if he is even a member of Mayhem so cannot defend himself is it right for this thread to continue  :police:

Quite agree longbuild!
What I do is best not discussed, for I have been many things in my time....

BrianB6

• Full Mayhemer
  • I'm not sure if I can get up from here
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2013, 10:36:10 pm »

Well I reckon their communication is fantastic.  %%
I sent an email at 12.30 PM and received the answer I needed from Iain Lewis, at 10.15 PM the same day.

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
Re: ACTion R/C Electronics
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2013, 10:52:15 pm »

Long build and petty Officer,

Why has someone got to be a member to "defend themselves' what is there to defend the facts are facts.

To continue that line of thinking, the recent Revell thread, Revell is not member of this forum and were not able to 'defend' themselves.

Realistcally, we have to put personalities aside, such as  I know him personally etc etc, and read what are legitimate experiences by your fellow members and not be clouded by our friendships.

Dare I say it, but perhaps you guys could perhaps bring this to his attention in the event he is not aware that there is communication problem regarding Action products.

pettyofficernick

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2013, 10:57:07 pm »

Why has someone got to be a member to "defend themselves' what is there to defend the facts are facts.

To continue that line of thinking, the recent Revell thread, Revell is not member of this forum and were not able to 'defend' themselves.

Realistcally, we have to put personalities aside, such as  I know him personally etc etc, and read what are legitimate experiences by your fellow members and not be clouded by our friendships.

Dare I say it, but perhaps you guys could perhaps bring this to his attention in the event he is not aware that there is communication problem regarding Action products.

I have just done exactly that.....

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2013, 11:00:13 pm »

As the ethos of Mayhem is not to openly discuss traders as has been brought up before and the threads locked, often simple threads as this one always escalate into slanging matches.
Personally I would have locked the thread by now.

NFMike

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plague Marine Services
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2013, 11:26:21 pm »

@ RAAArtyGunner, my poor experience was nothing to do with Action kit, and was just before that 'transfer' was announced (because I thought at the time "well I won't be buying any more Action stuff then.")

That would dictate we can't offer any negative feedback to ANY supplier who we feel is not giving good service unless they happen to be active Mayhem members. That might not be a bad idea, but to be fair and balanced then no-one should be allowed to give positive feedback either.
(I know of one modelling forum where this policy is in force - you can comment on products and if asked directly where something can be bought suggest a source, but no opinions on service, etc, are allowed. It sounds draconian, but the forum is very popular and it actually works quite well. And avoids a lot of legal issues too  :embarrassed:  )

Ryanb

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2013, 11:31:29 pm »

.admin, please can you lock this thread, it seems to have gone off track a little.

pettyofficernick

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2013, 11:40:40 pm »

.admin, please can you lock this thread, it seems to have gone off track a little.

:-)) :-)) :-))

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2013, 11:41:24 pm »

Locked.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2013, 10:20:38 am »

From
essex2visuvesi
I have an addition to this thread that might prove interesting.

I thought I'd give them a third chance to come up with the goods. So i resent the same email but from a different address (my old live.co.uk one) and had a reply withing a few hours.
the previous 2 emails were from Finnish email addresses (end in .fi) so it makes me wonder if they are not so interested in International business, even though Finland is part of the EU.

Any chance you could add this to the bottom of the thread?

Could be that Component Shop are not used to International Orders and are just learning.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2013, 12:09:20 pm »

Component Shop were ok with me in the UK and I believe Irishcarguy in Canada deals with them a lot ... Mick wouldn't accept poor anything.

Most small to medium sized firms have occasional problems covering every aspect of the day. As long as they don't lie to me or string me along then I am willing to make a few allowances. There comes a point though where enough is enough. I don't know if any of you have a 'prime culprit' for that title but I wouldn't even get Component Shop on the list.

Dave

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2013, 12:27:35 pm »

I do wonder if some of the contact issues are down to an overactive spamfilter
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

john44

• Full Mayhemer
  • member of the Potteries Model boat club
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2013, 12:32:43 pm »

Ian is probably rushed off his feet trying to keep up orders and inquires and DM
I believe is still helping out with technical questions. Given time they will sort it
I am just glad that Ian took Action on otherwise we as modelers could have lost
a very good product, when Dave retired with the sort of criticism he is getting form
 some people he may think he has made a mistake in taking Action on.

john

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2013, 12:35:05 pm »

I have spoken to Ian and he is aware of the thread.
During the meltdown his account was deleted.
He will send me an email and I will post on here.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2013, 09:03:02 pm »

I do wonder if some of the contact issues are down to an overactive spamfilter

Am also wondering is there a problem with 'UK' users of spam filters.

There are at least three occasions where spam filters were at 'fault'.

My personal experience is, that after airing communication problems on this forum, contrary to what some members have espoused, I was contacted by the 'trader', who informed me, that they don't know why, but ALL emails from Australia had been binned.

They got done what had to be done and communication was re-established.

Bottom line, some may not agree, but raising issues on this forum definitely gets results and helps solve problems, so don't be too quick to scream out, lock the thread.

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2013, 11:00:43 pm »

I have read this whole thread & hope a few comments from me might be in order. First I have dealt with Dave at ACtion for a long time & have never received better service in my life from any supplier. I have also dealt with Component Shop with similar results. It shocks me to see how quick we are to condemn our suppliers when they don't measure up to our 'standards'. If you have ever spent time in the retail parts supply business the problems we encounter are legion, # 1 being staffing.Finding people that care about their work is sometimes impossible to find. Having a knowledge of the product is even worse.Then someone also supplies my business over who I have little or no control. The idea that Iain & Dave could join both companies in a matter of days or weeks is an expectation beyond belief & make it run like nothing had changed. Show some patience & understanding , I am sure from previous experience they are both working hard for us & to improve their service. In the middle of the change over I ordered batteries from C/S & received them here in Canada in a matter of days. I have 50 years in the retail trade & I can say that most of the problems stem from poor communication, 75% caused by customers themselves(case in point "why do you need the serial #") Finally we should all relax, that part that was such a rush is still probably sitting on the shelf unused. Mick B.
Mick B.

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2013, 11:03:31 pm »

I could write a book on customer relations, most would not believe the stories, why, because some are beyond belief. Mick B.
Mick B.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 21 queries.