Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HMS Ark Royal Plans  (Read 5130 times)

glendavis1971

• Full Mayhemer
HMS Ark Royal Plans
« on: January 25, 2013, 03:39:36 pm »

Hi All

Can any one help me please.

I'm looking for a set of plans to build 1/128 scale model of Ark Royal during world war 2.  I really interested in the fittings layout of the forcastle, quarter, super structure and weather decks etc

Many thanks

Glen

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
Re: HMS Ark Royal Plans
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 04:49:12 pm »

My Hobby Store has these  http://www.myhobbystore.co.uk/product/17107/ark-royal-hms-mm1212 but I don't know if they have the details your'e looking for.
No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.

glendavis1971

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 05:15:11 pm »

Thanks Tail

Yes I already have it. sadly doesn't show the details I need and only shows the starboard side of the hull

Glen

pugwash

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: recently left Amble and now in the wet Northumberland hills
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 09:01:52 pm »

Glen, I would guess that the only place you would get plans of the   WWII Ark would be the National Maritime Museum.
Unfortunately they usually only supply them in 1.96scale so you would have to arrange to have them re-scaled yourself,
and finally they are not cheap.
Geoff

Failing to prepare means preparing to fail.

glendavis1971

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 10:15:23 pm »

Thanks Geoff

Yes I have looked at there website its very confusing they have plans listed but don't tell or show there content and I don't want to waste money on useless plans I don't mind a large scale easy enough to take measurements and scale up or down. I need to find out if they can viewed before hand

Glen

John R Haynes

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 11:34:44 am »

Get a copy of the John Roberts book -British Warships of the Second World War which includes the NMM plans at a scaled down format. This book is a must for modellers since it includes a lot of useful plans

glendavis1971

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 01:48:48 pm »

Thanks very much John just bought a copy from amazon

glendavis1971

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 04:48:23 pm »

I now have a copy of british warships of second world war. Its the best book I have bought full of plans of various types of ships and submarines. The author gives the ref number for each plan this will make ordering so much easier.

tintin

• Shipmate
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 06:20:45 am »

Hi Glen
I have a full set of the Ark Royal plans from the NMM, each one has a lot of valuable info for the modeller and I would recommend the full set.but if you just want the fore deck ( cable deck) and admirals stern walk get the " Lower gallery and upper hanger deck" plan.The "bridge structure plan"
has the island split into the different levels plus mast platforms, it is also essential.Unfortunately as you probably already know there is not a lot of info or photos available, I have been picking photos for the last three years and have got over 100 different ones so if there is anything in particular you are looking for let me know, I will help if I can
Cheers John

glendavis1971

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 09:11:37 am »

Hi John

I have decided to buy a full set of plans from the NMM just need to save up for them now. I would be very interested in any photos you have showing weather, quarter and foredeck details also flight details. Only so much you can get from plans but photo give you a better feel for the ship.
Glen
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.