Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Action P105 Single Stick Reversing Units  (Read 1418 times)

sailorboy61

• Full Mayhemer
Action P105 Single Stick Reversing Units
« on: January 26, 2013, 08:58:08 pm »

Hi,

has anyone else tried these units?

I have been trying to set up my two units but struggling a little. Having managed to crack the 1 sec chance to enter the programming mode, I am managing to get the reversing servo set up OK, but then when it comes to setting minimum/maximum throttle despite several attempts I end up stopped with the stick on max and flatout when the sticks are centred.

Anyone else had this, or know the solution.

I am also messaging Component Shop but given the recent threads on time delays just wondered if anyone here had a clue.

Thanks.

pettyofficernick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Marineville will be destroyed, Muahahaha.....
Re: Action P105 Single Stick Reversing Units
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 10:17:34 am »

Good morning Sailorboy, I have one of these to operate my TVR steam engine off i stick, 1 channel for reversing and one for regulator servo. It did take a few attempts to get it right, it is all down to working methodically and following the instructions to the letter and following the sequence of the LED codes.   http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=39377.msg393809#msg393809

Keep at it and you should get there. If you have done exactly as the instructions say, and are still getting nowhere, there could be a, a fault on the unit its self, or an incompatibility issue with youe ESC.
Hope this is of some help,
Nick.
What I do is best not discussed, for I have been many things in my time....

sailorboy61

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 10:35:30 am »

Thanks Nick, I'll keep trying with a different Tx and Rx.

Thought I'd cracked it last night when I noticed the servo reverse switched on the Tx but same result.

Suppose it could be the ESC, they are forward only as its waterjets, but think they are ok, they only run in one direction, just the full and stop points switched. Grrr, I want this boat on the water!!

pettyofficernick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Marineville will be destroyed, Muahahaha.....
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 10:40:23 am »

Is there a set up routine for the ESC its self? Have you set the ESC up directly to the rx to make sure it is doing what it should be?
Regards,
Nick
What I do is best not discussed, for I have been many things in my time....

sailorboy61

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 10:56:53 am »

No set up for the ESC as far as I'm away, simple Turnigy 30A job. The battery polarity setting and brake on/off are i think correct.
Will keep trying, it was late last night so no doubt operator error, I don't see both 105s having the same problem really.
Will have to be something else to the pod today!

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 11:09:58 am »

Thought I'd cracked it last night when I noticed the servo reverse switched on the Tx but same result.
Most PIC control devices expect position signals in the right order.  If the servo reverse is switched at the TX then this doesn't happen and they get confused.  Best cure is to switch everything off, have a good nights sleep, and read the instructions again the day after.  Its amazing how often instructions reprint themselves overnight.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.