Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Requested and Required  (Read 1876 times)

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
Requested and Required
« on: February 02, 2013, 09:07:19 pm »

At times like this I regret having a mobile phone.  Communication methods were more reasonable in the Nineteenth Century.

Whilst applying fine green putty to my latest hull modifications I hear an urgent fanfare.  It is a communique from the Main Building (H.Q.) "suggesting" the supply of cheese on toast.

Normally, and especially with messy green fingers, spam messages can be ignored.  However, in this case it was from Commander in Chief Home Forces herself and carried the implication of "you are requested and required".  ie:  Drop everything without putting the ship in danger.

Realising that failing to supply the required provisions on an urgent basis I was forced to break off, wash my hand and proceed to the galley.

I also love it when CinC pops into the workshop with her coat on and says “aren’t you ready to leave now?"  No wonder it takes so long to build models  {:-{

HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Requested and Required
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 09:46:42 pm »

In was half way through kneading some bread, up to my ears in dough, when the phone at the wifes elbow rings, the command came through - could you get that! No is not an option in these situations. of course it was for herself, the next comment was - you've left the phone all doughy.
Grendel

RMH

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 09:50:02 pm »

Single life is such bliss  :-)

Capt Podge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 12:59:53 am »

I would get a lot more modelling work done if I didn't get the continual interruptions - i.e. mealtimes, sleep, shopping, washing dishes, walking the dog, stoking the solid fuel heating system...oh, and of course the "Dad, could you give me a lift to / from..."  >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

(and the occasional 2 to 3 hours browsing through Mayhem of course -  :embarrassed: ) <*<

Regards,

Ray.

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 05:36:27 am »

At times like this I regret having a mobile phone.  Communication methods were more reasonable in the Nineteenth Century.

Whilst applying fine green putty to my latest hull modifications I hear an urgent fanfare.  It is a communique from the Main Building (H.Q.) "suggesting" the supply of cheese on toast.

Normally, and especially with messy green fingers, spam messages can be ignored.  However, in this case it was from Commander in Chief Home Forces herself and carried the implication of "you are requested and required".  ie:  Drop everything without putting the ship in danger.

Realising that failing to supply the required provisions on an urgent basis I was forced to break off, wash my hand and proceed to the galley.

I also love it when CinC pops into the workshop with her coat on and says “aren’t you ready to leave now?"  No wonder it takes so long to build models  {:-{

What's that you say you actually get to build models  :o :o :o

Not to mention the Capt, "and the occasional 2 to 3 hours browsing through Mayhem of course:embarrassed:

who is a speed reader  {-) {-) {-)

I really have to make up more time  %) %) %)

Gunna build those other boats one day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.