Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a foggy day and a great ship starts her final voyage  (Read 1823 times)

farrow

a foggy day and a great ship starts her final voyage
« on: November 02, 2007, 09:15:15 pm »

Found this old photo I took many years ago, I thought it may be of interest to some.
Dave

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
Re: a foggy day and a great ship starts her final voyage
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 05:43:12 pm »

When they were in their original (cruiser) layout they were very handsome...not "good", but handsome...but when some "Naval Constructor" decided to stick the hangar etc. on to them they became a nonsense. (Naval Constructors are very good at that).
It may well sound stupid to those of you who have never been involved in a Naval (navel?) exercise, but after their conversions it was really quite difficult at first glance to see which way they were going.
Notes from a simple seaman

victorian

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 09:59:06 pm »

Gone ... but not forgotten

Actually I'm not sure if this is from the modern Tiger, or the WW1 battlecruiser. Opinions, anyone?

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 06:43:04 pm »

As a bit of light relief, some time ago I began collecting pictures of ship crests (plaques) and putting them all on to CD. Some of our club members have found them useful. Given a decent printer they can all be printed out from about 1/4" tall to A4 size.  All available for free (apart from postage). If interested send me a PM.
Notes from a simple seaman

farrow

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 10:19:03 pm »

Is the plaque metal casting or plastic compound. If it is metal it is worth a lot of £ to a collector, my pal has friends who collect stuff like that in a big way. I will contact him if there is a way to tell what period it comes from. They look pretty impressive.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 22 queries.