Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can anyone help me? Model Slipway Tamar  (Read 2007 times)

cabman

• Full Mayhemer
Can anyone help me? Model Slipway Tamar
« on: February 14, 2013, 07:28:31 pm »

I am currently building a Model Slipway Tamar. This is my first built and so far I am very pleased with the result. I am currently building the superstructure but wish to fit cabin lights, running and navigation lights and maybe a blue flashing light. The problem is that I have no idea of what to fit, where to fit them or how to wire them up. I would be extremely grateful if anyone can show me wiring diagrams and tell me what I need - where from would help too. I know it's a big ask but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Thank you.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Can anyone help me?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 07:32:39 pm »

cabman.......if you go onto this site and look at this thread, Mike goes into the wiring in great detail ( albeit on a trent) but it gives you an idea of what can be done.

Neil.
http://lifeboats24-7.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=10807

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
Re: Can anyone help me? Model Slipway Tamar
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 12:56:03 am »

If you look on ACTions website you will find wiring diagrams to fit just about any boat you could name & in full colour too. If you buy the electronics from ACTion Dave used to do a wiring layouts for free with the parts purchased.(If you value your life don't ask him to wire other peoples stuff).  ACTion is now under Component Shop & Iain is the contact person I think.Mick B.
Mick B.

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 12:58:34 am »

If you PM me I have the wiring diagram that Dave did for my Tamar, I will gladly send you a copy. Mick B.
Mick B.

CF-FZG

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 11:14:03 am »

If you look on ACTions website you will find wiring diagrams to fit just about any boat you could name & in full colour too. If you buy the electronics from ACTion Dave used to do a wiring layouts for free with the parts purchased.(If you value your life don't ask him to wire other peoples stuff).  ACTion is now under Component Shop & Iain is the contact person I think.Mick B.

Mick,

If you read the OP, he's after help with fitting and wiring the lighting system.
Mark.

Tonka Toys - Big boys toys :)

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 03:13:02 pm »

You are of course right Mark, but he said he had no idea on how to install the wiring. Dave's diagram will not answer everything but it is a very big help & with a bit of skill there is ample space to hide the wiring. In fact on the original boat all or most of the mast wiring is exposed & attached with wire ties. So the offer still stands I can email you a copy if you send me your email address. Mick B.
Mick B.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 23 queries.