Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Billings Coastboat Bent  (Read 3433 times)

hazegry

• Full Mayhemer
Billings Coastboat Bent
« on: February 20, 2013, 10:53:35 pm »

well construction on the Bent resumed today as the Carol Moran is finished (until I build a barge for her) I cut the transom off to access the rudder assembly and build it as per the instructions for rc control. I think I will make the main sail so I can display it raised or lowered.

I need to plank the deck any suggestion's for getting a good fit around the bullwarks?  I got the transom off, not in one piece like I was hoping but no major damage that isn't easily fixed.

tube cut and ready for the rudder assembly

longshanks

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Billings Coastboat Bent
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 11:02:08 pm »

For a good fit around use card templates. Dont try and do it all at once, do small sections and when your happy stick it to the next one.  :-))

hazegry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 03:04:53 am »

thanks man I appreciate the info I dug through the instructions a bit more and it seems the deck planking doesn't go all the way to the edge so I just need to putty the cracks sand and put the deck planking down. I have only been searching for this boat for 20 years so I am very excited about the build.

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 05:54:52 am »

Good luck with it, but I bet you''ll make it look great in no time at all.

I wasn't sure of the model so I had a look around and found a pdf instruction book, if anyone is interested see ....
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=billings%20coastboat%20bent&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDwQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billingboats.com%2Finstructions%2FBB5006%2520Coastboat%2520Bent_Instruction.pdf&ei=MbQlUfHLMZOR0QWZoIGgDw&usg=AFQjCNHkPNZOZ53uw1ROs3rWHhyAtfdP_w&bvm=bv.42661473,d.d2k

Sorry the link looks so long  :embarrassed:

Dave

hazegry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 02:39:29 am »

well I got the short stuffing tube (made for static display) out I cracked the keel doing it though, its not to bad but frustrating. I have it clamped up right now hopefully it will be ok.

EPBoat

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 04:01:53 am »

:-) Hey there, watching this, I have one setting (a Kit) on the build table right now.  Glad to see one of these coming together, looking forward to more.
Rick
Where ever I am at, there I am!

dave301bounty

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 10:37:01 am »

Great little boats these i,ve had mine for 5 years ,won a steering com ,very quick to answer helm ,the history of these boats is truly amazing ,what the acomplished during conflicts is amazing .

hazegry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 03:57:30 pm »

started back up working on this one today gonna try to get it finished by the time the sailing weather gets nice. Work and family stuff got in the way for a bit but I am back for now I have this a helen then I am going to build a torpedo boat from plans. Thats the goals for this year anyways.

Tim B.

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 04:07:01 pm »

Looking forward to an update on this Gem !

hazegry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2014, 06:00:47 pm »

its slow going right now just filling the gaps in the deck, I did find some detail sanders at the woodworking store that are being a huge help.
http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2000274/1744/Standard-Kit-Sanding-Sticks-24-piece.aspx
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 22 queries.