Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1:26 scale 1875 inshore open steam lobster boat.  (Read 1906 times)

eddiesolo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Shiver me timbers...I've spilt me glue!
1:26 scale 1875 inshore open steam lobster boat.
« on: February 23, 2013, 02:51:19 pm »

This is a real odds & sods boat, a scavanger hunt of parts as this was made on a very tight budget.
She started out as a Elidir Thames Launch-I got the hull...and that's it, no boiler parts no trim, naff all...as you could probably tell this was cheap :}
So, had a think, had a look at some old steam boats and thought right...I will just hash some bits together and see what comes out.
The boiler is old brass parts, some trim I made, others are old boat parts, some to scale some not, just what might fit and work. Other parts had to be bought.
She is a dirty girl, a real working dame, worn decks dings, dodgy paint repairs etc.
Here are a few pics, she still has a few things to do.
The round brass hatch at the front is a sea water holding tank to keep the lobsters/crabs fresh.
Still got lobster pots to make, the propeller to fit and tidy up a bit.
Si:)

My models are not nice, clean and ship-shape. They be mucky, grubby, rusty and smelly.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: 1:26 scale 1875 inshore open steam lobster boat.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 02:59:03 pm »

what a beautiful old hull......I am well envoius of that O0 O0 O0 ..........could imagine that being sympathetically restored to her former glory and sailing superbly.

take care of it...needs to be cherished and loved.................please don't hack her about.
neil.

eddiesolo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 03:05:10 pm »

Hi Neil, she has already got scrapes etc, some are my doing.
I don't do all shiny and new, prefer to see a boat as a used-working boat. But know what you're on about, I will look after her, she is going to be finished off and then take pride of place at my caravan on the East coast-I sit and watch the sea and the ships going back and forth.
My models are not nice, clean and ship-shape. They be mucky, grubby, rusty and smelly.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 04:22:23 pm »

that sounds Idylic and heaven, eddie

eddiesolo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 05:15:37 pm »

that sounds Idylic and heaven, eddie
It is, my van is 50yds away from the beach, the helicopters over head going out to the rigs, the rigs lit up with ships dotted around.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.