Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Horible Paint job  (Read 6846 times)

red181

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Horible Paint job
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2007, 12:20:38 am »

after several pm's back and forth to Shane,(thanks mate for help!) I am almost complete on my paint job ( and I am a newbie by the way). The only thing I didnt cover with Shane was the fact I told him I was using plasticote spray. I did the undercoat/primer with Halfords yellow, and didnt tell him this.
After 3 weeks of not touching it, after what I thought was the final polishing up of the cabin sides and hull, I am noticing small "crazing" appearing in the corners of the cabin sides, which could be the reaction mentioned in earlier posts.
I used the yellow halfords primer a couple of years ago, and this time round thought the coverage, and amount in the tin pretty disappointing. THe hull, which I did after the cabins has not yet had any crazing appearing, I used Holts grey filler/primer on the hull, which actually was "thicker" and filled the scratches, unlike the Halford yellow, which certainly was not like a "filler" primer.
Just my observations, I cannot face painting it again!!!!!! :'( It took nearly a month to get this far!!! If the crazing continues, as its a huntsman, I will set fire to it and say its from the scene in From Russia With Love when the baddies boats are burning!!! ;D
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 22 queries.