Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheesed off.  (Read 1264 times)

eddiesolo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Shiver me timbers...I've spilt me glue!
Cheesed off.
« on: February 26, 2013, 04:15:13 pm »

I haven't been on this site long and have already had Stan phone me up and invite me to come to watch him and the Kirkless model boat club in action near where I live, lovely chat we had with a really nice guy. The comments on my Sub are great and encouraging as the models I have seen on here are awesome. Thanks guys.
That is not what I am cheesed off about, you know the Gato sub, that is going to be distressed and be another sunken jobbie-like my U-Boat. Well, all went wrong-my disabled fingers cramped while using the dremel, drilled into me, the model then hit the floor and broke. Tried to patch it and my hands went again. The sub is outside, just cannot bear to look at the thing, shaking and hurting like mad. I think me and models are just not connecting at the moment. Going to leave it, so it may be a while before I get around to showing the Gato.
Si...fed up <:(
My models are not nice, clean and ship-shape. They be mucky, grubby, rusty and smelly.

unbuiltnautilus

• Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Cheesed off.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 04:20:30 pm »

This sounds like an opportunity to me. Time to re-design the 'sunken-ness' of your model. Maybe in two halfs, maybe sunken into the silt, whatever else, disguising any unintentional damage as intentional. loved the U-Boat, looking forward to the gato.
How about being broken up on the slipway, lots of rust, sub already in bits?
Listen politely, nod approvingly, then do what you want, works for me!

eddiesolo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 05:27:33 pm »

Thanks for the ideas, was thinking along the submerged in sand route myself.
The model is supposed to be half submerged, grounded rather close to a tropical beach-got some foam I intend to shape to give the beach, sprinkled with palm trees etc. The sub is just off shore, all battered and rusty-same technique as used in the U-Boat but slightly different paint techniques. I am then trying to think of how to do the water, paper maché shaped, sanded and painted or go the clear water gel way-was going to use epoxy but the area is too much I think. I have got a board of opaque floor covering that may work so thinking of how to cut it and get the sub to fit and then shape it for wave action against the beach. If this doesn't work out then I think some of your ideas may well come into force...unless the bin gets the model first lol.
Si...slightly calmer.
My models are not nice, clean and ship-shape. They be mucky, grubby, rusty and smelly.

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 05:42:18 pm »

how about using that casting resin make up a dam and just pour it into place?
Grendel

eddiesolo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 05:53:41 pm »

how about using that casting resin make up a dam and just pour it into place?
Grendel
Problem is, a large amount can go wrong, this has happened to me before, looked chronic and then cracked  >:-o
Si:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 21 queries.