Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pavilion Gardens Model Boat Club, Buxton  (Read 2591 times)

JaG

• Full Mayhemer
    • Sheffield Ship Model Society
Pavilion Gardens Model Boat Club, Buxton
« on: March 18, 2013, 09:58:17 pm »

Buxton Model Boat Club is one year old this month. http://www.buxtonmodelboatclub.co.uk/
It has been a very successful year for the Club, having attracted a steady membership of 20+ members. The venue, in Pavilion Gardens, Buxton, SK17 9AY is so tranquil both in Summer and Winter. We have our own landing stage, which is supported and policed by the local Council Park Wardens. Right behind where we sail is a small Kiosk Cafe which is open every weekend throughout most of the year, public toilets, including disabled. Two minutes walk away is a Restaurant, Children's Play Area and the Town Centre for the ladies to do a spot of shopping while members sail.
The three park lakes can only be sailed on by Members and their guests. Electric, sail and steam only and no fast boats allowed due to the wildlife that frequents the lake. Our usual meeting days are Thursday and Sunday mornings between 0900hrs and 1230hrs, though Members can sail at any time, dawn until dusk.
Why not come along, introduce yourself and have a sail with us. We welcome members from other Clubs and anyone who thinks they may wish to take up the hobby. There is nearly always someone on hand to give you advice. Sunday mornings is the better day of the two.

Capt Podge

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Pavilion Gardens Model Boat Club, Buxton
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 11:05:28 pm »

Hi JaG,

Good to see another Model Boat Club established - would like to think it will still be going many years from now  O0

Enjoyed the "tug-cam" video - thank you for sharing.

I have a relation in the area and will pass the link onto him.

Next time I'm down that way, I'll pop along with a model.

Regards,

Ray.

tt1

• Full Mayhemer
  • If I only know a little - then I can learn a lot
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 02:03:45 am »

Thanks for the info JaG, will certainly pay a visit next time we're up, son and family live in Buxton - do many sail on a Saturday?
Wishing the club every success,  Regards, Tony.

JaG

• Full Mayhemer
    • Sheffield Ship Model Society
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 07:54:11 am »

Thanks for the info JaG, will certainly pay a visit next time we're up, son and family live in Buxton - do many sail on a Saturday?
Wishing the club every success,  Regards, Tony.
No we do not officially sail on Saturday, though members can do so it is unlikely you will find anyone there due to other commitments (better half shopping, etc)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.