Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Billings Banckert Help  (Read 2751 times)

thething84

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Billings Banckert Help
« on: February 27, 2013, 01:22:29 am »

Hey guys.

A while back i purchased a part started kit of ebay of the banckert. Well i wasn't happy with the quality of what the guy had done. So i want to remake the superstructure but obviously have no drawings. And i cannot get the current built one apart without basically destroying it. Does anyone have a drawing for this, or anyone have a kit in which they are willing to take drawings off and give sizes.

Thanks in advance

James
If it ain't broke! Fix it anyway!

RichyB

• Shipmate
Re: Billings Banckert Help
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 08:46:04 pm »

Hi James,
           I have the drawings of the Banckert, from the old Billings Plank on Frame Kit, the new Kit is an ABS Hull.  If its any good I will try to find a printer who will copy it, or failing that I may be able to scan it in sections and send on to you as an e-mail attachment.

Regards
RichyB

thething84

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 09:25:25 pm »

rishy b that would be awesom. I have a grp hull but i need the cabing and superstructure as i need to rebuild it in a much better way that the preveous guy did. So drawings would be much apreciated. I will re-imburse you. What size are the plans???

J

p.s anyone feel the verification is a bit much for every reply?

RichyB

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 07:59:46 pm »

Hi James,
    I have scanned the Build instructions which has a lot of exploded diagrams of the build of the supperstructure.  Tried to add it to the post but the file is to large for the forum.  If you could PM me with your e-mail, I could return e-mail you with the build instructions and parts lists.  I will try and attach a photo of my Banckert.  It was the first model i had built about 20 years ago.  I have just given it a major refit of the Hull, due to leaks caused by sprung planks after a collision.  As far as the drawing is concerned, I am looking for someone close to me that can copy at A1 size at a reasonable price.  If not I will need to scan in sections at A4 size and you can tape them together
RichyB

thething84

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 03:07:34 am »

hey richyb.

PM sent. a4 scans would be fine. i can easily tape them together. not a problem at all.

thanks again. muchlybappreciated

james :-))

RichyB

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 08:07:19 pm »

Hi James,
       Have sent build instructions, parts lists and colour chart to your e-mail address, Iv'e a lot going on at the moment, but if  A4 scans are OK, I can do them in a few days time.
Regards
Richard

thething84

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 08:52:55 pm »

thank you richard. no hurry. dont put yiurself out mate. do it when u can. your a great help.

thething84

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 10:29:36 pm »

all emails recieved. thanks you kindly richard

thething84

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 10:36:13 pm »

OK so i pulled the banckert box out from under the stairs today.

as you may be aware it is abs hull. There are some strangthening to glue into the hull but not alot.

I am pondering on whether to just add more strengthening to the flimsy hull or to use it to make a plug from and produce a fibreglass hull.

The other problem i see is if i build to instructions. the deck is not glued to the hull. It is mearly held on using a rubber bead strip around the joining edges.

So what would you guys reccomend.

Thanks

James :-))

AlisterL

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 09:07:10 am »

Hi James,

I'm surprised you haven't had any replies to this query.

I think you'll find that once the frames are glued in, the hull gets quite a bit more rigid. I have also just added a couple of extra pieces of wood for a battery box and that includes a small frame and this has made a difference to how stiff the frame is at the forward end:

I too am wondering about joining the deck to the hull and whether to do so or not. I cant see why you couldn't scuff up the contact areas and adjacent spots with some 80 grit paper and araldite them together if you wanted.

HTH,

Alister
Alister

thething84

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 08:59:02 pm »

hi alister.

forgot i even had this up. I have noticed it does get more rigid. As i have glued frames in. Plan on putting some stiffeners aroung the hull top. I am thinking more about gluing the deck to the hull. The rubber strip doesn't seem to hold well enough for me. Can see a slight knock and loosing the deck. i have mounted the kort, and made and mouted the rudders. Also installed prop shaft. So need to install the motor. And paint the hull etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 22 queries.