Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Biggest Cruise Ship in the World?  (Read 2011 times)

ardarossan

• Full Mayhemer
The Biggest Cruise Ship in the World?
« on: March 03, 2013, 10:20:07 am »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/cruises/cruise-ships/14805/Cunard-Queen-Mary-2.html

The above link will take you to an article on the Daily Telegraph Travel website. The Daily Telegraph, i.e. A Broadsheet!, Should be reputable then.

The website is headed 'Travel', where you can 'Plan with Experts' and 'Book with Confidence'. As it's also sub-headed 'Travel Website of the Year', I'm feeling reassured already.

If you scroll down the Travel webpage, you will see a promotional report about the 'Queen Mary 2' (you know the one, that pig-ugly thing pretending to be a classic cruise liner).

Anyway, the report is written by none other than 'Douglas Ward, Cruise Expert' - An Expert no less!, who is described, thus...
Douglas Ward has been on over 1,000 cruises, and is considered the world’s leading expert on cruising. He is the author of the annual Berlitz Complete Guide to Cruising and Cruise Ships

And the cherry topping on the cake is an image of the 'QM2' herself, which is courtesy of Cunard Line. Wow!, Cunard themselves, it couldn't be better, or could it... 

Despite their instance, I'm just not convinced they are being entirely honest when they say on three seperate occasions, that "Cunard's 'Queen Mary 2' is taller than the Empire State Building"...

Right then, if the Empire State building is 443m tall, and the 'Queen Mary 2' is 4.7966 times longer than her own height, that would mean, err?,....     ...I'm gonna have to get a calculator... {:-{

Andy
How much wood would a Woodchuck chuck, if a Woodchuck would chuck wood?

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
  • I think I am as mad as I think I am then I am mad
Re: The Biggest Cruise Ship in the World?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 10:40:09 am »

Is there a contest between cruise companies to build the biggest and most ugly ship around? %% :-)) :police: 
My boats are all wood like my head fluctuat nec mergitur

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
Re: The Biggest Cruise Ship in the World?
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 10:41:07 am »

:embarrassed:  whilst you may not see us clearly in this image..... {:-{  thats Rarrrrrtygunner & I standing on top of our coat hanger....sorry the Sydney harbour bridge  O0 waving goodby to QM2 as she departs for oceans & lands unknown.........  .....
So far.....& so much of Douglas Ward ....... >>:-( I thought Berlitz was a very tall  German sausage...... :kiss:  .....but not as tall as tall buildings ........  {-) Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 23 queries.