Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: True C/V joint.for our boats  (Read 23806 times)

tt1

• Full Mayhemer
  • If I only know a little - then I can learn a lot
Re: True C/V joint.for our boats
« Reply #100 on: June 01, 2013, 04:50:49 pm »

Congratulations on a magnificent achievement Mick. O0  Such a compliment from the ex Action man himself is praise indeed and I'm really pleased for you to have achieved such a successful out come for all your endeavors - well done to you!! :-))
           Right! ---------------- now how much are they including postage to the uk??
                                               Kind regards, to you and Phyllis, Tony.

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #101 on: June 01, 2013, 05:43:56 pm »

Congratulations on a magnificent achievement Mick. O0  Such a compliment from the ex Action man himself is praise indeed and I'm really pleased for you to have achieved such a successful out come for all your endeavors - well done to you!! :-))
           Right! ---------------- now how much are they including postage to the uk??
                                               Kind regards, to you and Phyllis, Tony.

2nded only but to sunny Finland (27c today)
When does the order book open?
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #102 on: June 01, 2013, 08:18:58 pm »

Thank you Dave for the kind words. It started life as an axle made by HPI racing but they just did not want to bother with a little guy like me & just brushed me off with my design conversion.I have sent two to England to two friends that I knew would give me an honest opinion warts and all. It is not my intention to produce them for sale, the sole intent was to make something to put that dreaded Huco to shame. Most of you know that the two guys I trusted  to test it was Dave Martin (  Norseman) & Dave Milburn ex ACTion guru. However I have gained several good friends on this forum & would be happy to make one for you at dead cost. One axle is $20.00 (two in a packet, $40.00 ) & posting was $10.00, total $30.00 or about 20 pounds each. Tony & Essex I have you on my list & will make one for each of you, but I require measurements as each is custom made to fit your motor & shaft. We can talk later through PM. A final note if you want to make your own it is not hard but you do need the best drills,taps & dies. PM me for details. Mick B. 
Mick B.

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2013, 06:56:09 pm »

Tony I can oversee the job for you in August, but I can't however guarantee Mick's sobriety level as I intend to be a thoroughly bad influence on him. ... CV joint really is a nice piece of kit and is crying out to be manufactured commercially  O0

Dave

destroyer42

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2013, 07:25:34 pm »

Hi All,
I alway's use either the Robbe or Graupner direct coupling,not only does it align your shaft and motor it's simple and keeps the torque.

Destroyer42

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2013, 11:17:35 pm »

destroyer42 ...I have checked the WEB....could you please post a link to either the Robbe or Graupner direct coupling you mention...I am after 4 mm x 4 mm rigid or fixed coupling ......thanks Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #106 on: June 02, 2013, 11:33:47 pm »

destroyer42 ...I have checked the WEB....could you please post a link to either the Robbe or Graupner direct coupling you mention...I am after 4 mm x 4 mm rigid or fixed coupling ......thanks Derek

Yes please  :-)) :-))
Gunna build those other boats one day.

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2013, 03:13:53 am »

Hi Guys I made a full set of fixed couplings on my lathe which I use to initially align the motor & propshaft. I then enstall my C/V joint. I should point out that even if you use a solid connector to align the shafts, when you tighten the bolts/nuts on the motor mounts it will distort somewhat & you are well advised to install a joint to correct any possibility of misalignment.Mick B.
Mick B.

destroyer42

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #108 on: June 03, 2013, 06:55:23 pm »

Hi All,
I use either the Robbe or Graupner straight rigid couplings, never had any problems and the motor/prop shafts run true and straight. I run some torque motors on my models all geared either Robbe or Graupner, I have never found better motors.
You will soon know if you have misaligned it when fitting you will see it.

http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/couplings.html

Destroyer42

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #109 on: June 04, 2013, 01:14:38 am »

Thanks destroyer42........when I searched for Graupner shaft couplings all of the usual Huco style & dog+bone style appear.... but not rigid couplings
When I search for Graupner 3382 couplings.....BINGO......they appear  :-))  .....Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 22 queries.