Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: esc question  (Read 2301 times)

plug

esc question
« on: March 07, 2013, 07:12:49 pm »

"I have handled three examples of this particular MTroniks ESC (25A) and all have displayed just the symptoms described here i.e. large amounts of stick movement do very little until you get to about halfway, then the motors ramp almost straight up to full speed. The motors also displayed a marked tendency to "hunt" at full speed."

Looked at the above partial quote in another thread, ive got a viper 15amp controller which does as is described using a planet transmitter, as i will need another couple of esc's in the future i'm now tending to lean towards the action ones, so the question is can you set them up with reverse with the planet transmitter like the mtronics ones

thank you and regards Jack.

inertia

Re: esc question
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 07:47:32 pm »

ACTion speed controllers are fully forward and reverse and require no setting up at all. Switch on the transmitter followed by the receiver; allow a couple of seconds after the "bind" light is on and the ESC has set itself.
Simples  O0

But I have to emphasise that they are for BRUSHED motors, not Brushless (as the board implies)

plug

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 10:49:36 pm »

Thanks for the help inertia much appreciated, yes it's brushed motors i'll be using i posted in the wrong thread
regards Jack.

Stavros

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 11:09:45 pm »

Dont HESSITATE buying ACTion Products off Component Shop....Inertia will back up what I am going to tell you, I have been using ACTion Products since Dave took over the company from Craig and took the products to where they are now.I have never had a problem with ANY of his products except of course SELF INFLICTED  {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) .Funnily Enough I bought a new speed controller on Sunday at the show in Manchester.All my boats ecept the brushless ones have some sort of ACTion product in them Buy he BEST and forget the rest....been there had the tee shirt

Dave

plug

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 08:38:02 am »

Thanks Stavros i will get one when needed, new to all this and the mtroniks 15 amp was easy to set up with the planet t5 receiver
regards Jack.

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 05:53:57 am »

Stavros is bang on, ACTion ESC's are brilliant, I have 4 P94's JUST THE BEST there is for the money, no hassles, they work every time exactly as described. All ACTion electronics are very good stuff. Dave is also very helpful no matter how stupid you have messed up. Mick B.
Mick B.

inertia

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 08:32:25 am »

Stavros is bang on, ACTion ESC's are brilliant, I have 4 P94's JUST THE BEST there is for the money, no hassles, they work every time exactly as described. All ACTion electronics are very good stuff. Dave is also very helpful no matter how stupid you have messed up. Mick B.
I have to point out here that I no longer run ACTion. The products are available from Component-Shop.co.uk, to whom any queries should be addressed initially.
Dave M

plug

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 10:14:18 am »

irishcarguy, inertia thanks for the help, why can't they be run direct from a lead acid or any other battery the same as the mtronics 15 amp
regards Jack.

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 11:08:29 am »

I run my Action Esc on lead Acid batteries with no problems.  Where did you get that information ??

Ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 11:45:10 am »

irishcarguy, inertia thanks for the help, why can't they be run direct from a lead acid or any other battery the same as the mtronics 15 amp
regards Jack.
They are designed to run on a regulated 5 volts for control - the output side will be perfectly happy with 12 volts, but since a BEC is not built in, either a separate one is required to supply the regulated 5 volts, or a separate RX battery, which, admittedly, must not be a 6 volt SLA.  All in the instructions that can be downloaded and inspected before purchase.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

inertia

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 11:59:11 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.