Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Xrad's Steam Launch  (Read 10668 times)

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Xrad's Steam Launch
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2013, 06:07:58 am »

That was a 10$ ebay made in china oak barrel...a hair too big for 1/6 scale..charred on inside so smells very sweet. I will find a use for it..
Any Chance of a link to the seller either by PM or on here
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

xrad

• Full Mayhemer
  • Keeper of the Sun Dried Tomato
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2013, 01:12:08 am »

I will post seller advert soon as I find it.

xrad

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2013, 03:27:00 pm »

Oak barrel ebay seller gone. Sure you can find another under 'small oak barrel' or similar.

Just bought a coal burning boiler from England for my next project. will post pics soon. I love Fedex( when my stuff is not stuck in customs!)!

-   7/23/2013  -  Tuesday[/t]
8:29 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery CANTON, OH8:26 am At local FedEx facility CANTON, OH6:08 am At destination sort facility CLEVELAND, OH3:45 am Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN2:07 am International shipment release - Import MEMPHIS, TN    -   7/22/2013  -  Monday[/t]
11:53 pm Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN9:17 pm In transit STANSTED GB9:08 pm In transit STANSTED GB    -   7/20/2013  -  Saturday[/t]
11:35 pm At local FedEx facility STANSTED GB8:00 pm At local FedEx facility STANSTED GB    -   7/19/2013  -  Friday[/t]
3:45 pm In transit BIRMINGHAM GB12:27 pm Picked up BIRMINGHAM GB    -   7/18/2013  -  Thursday[/t]
5:23 am Shipment information sent to FedEx

xrad

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2014, 04:19:59 pm »

Thought I would revive this thread. I have too many projects going on!  Hope to get the RC controls and rear mounts for the skippers control panel done soon.  Just got a practically new rebuilt Mildura Steam engine off ebay. Very nice rebuilt by factory unit with all new parts.

KNO3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2014, 06:14:59 pm »

Why did it have to be rebuilt?

xrad

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2014, 01:05:26 am »

Apparently, this was a 'demo' unit. Anyway, much! less than the online price of 2300$ or so. Allegedly, all worn parts were replaced.  Honestly, I have a pretty beat up Mildura twin that required many new parts and Miniature steam was able to supply all the parts I needed.  This is a mint state engine in comparison and was probably only lightly used(and came with very nice oiler).  Although I was surprised to see it wrapped what I consider Chinese made cardboard box( why use lesser cost paper  for such an expensive engine? Should come in an oak box!). 

My last Mildura was I think was a unit stripped and rebuilt by a Chinese manufacturer for their own production as a VERY similar engine appeared about a year and 1/2 ago and then disappeared very quickly.  why do I think this one was used? The engine parts were all re-numbered and all metric screws were jammed into the wrong threads and everything put together wrong. I bought it at a super discount from an overseas seller who was also marketing Chinese engines.  neat little story. Who knows if it for certain happened.

Anyway, here is a pic of a like new Mildura (and by the way Miniature Steam is very fast on the shipping..at least to USA)

These are fantastic engines, and I think by far the best engine for the money. Why? All bronze and brass and stainless EXCEPT for the crank which is Fe. They run superbly at low rpms at low pressure and parts are available from the manufacturer in Au land.  The gaskets are paper composite material which lasts very well.     The only engine I think is close is Tiny power bronze and stainless marine twin, but you have to machine it yourself.

xrad

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2014, 07:20:49 pm »

staysail and some minor detail added. Control panel still to be built.

Bernhard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2014, 09:48:30 am »

:-)) :-)) :-)) , Great steam boat.

xrad

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2014, 01:04:34 am »

Thanks Bernhard. Appreciate the comment.  I like to build small boats in big scale so I can add detail. I really need to finish her.

Bernhard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2014, 08:15:41 pm »

hi,, My friend one time made a steam boat made of the same hull,,, but he made it all to heavy 45kg,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9lgUdAa77o&list=UUtKKUTeGFdsDah8wuu6GYPg

http://youtu.be/u9lgUdAa77o?list=UUtKKUTeGFdsDah8wuu6GYPg

xrad

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2014, 01:46:32 pm »

I have seen this boat. Very nice. I borrowed some of the rudder look from his model.  Looks like she is low in the waster but really, the hull has been trimmed.  Here are some more pics:

http://www.orionmouldings.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=14154707
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 23 queries.