Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: brushless esc  (Read 1167 times)

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
  • I think I am as mad as I think I am then I am mad
brushless esc
« on: March 15, 2013, 02:10:49 pm »

%% Brushless esc's, as a beginner with regard to brushless set ups,I have notice that some esc's come with programming card,do these
esc need to be programmed or is it just for some types of models ie performance required. Will these esc's work without programming and
how do you programme them if needed too,do I do do it with a laptop and how do you set this up?,sorry I am such a thick dumb-dumb but I
don't have a clue.Happy sailing everybody,regards Ray. :o :o [size=78%]     [/size]
My boats are all wood like my head fluctuat nec mergitur

Steve J

• Full Mayhemer
Re: brushless esc
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 02:44:30 pm »

Most programmable ESC's can be programmed by connecting to a receiver and using the throttle stick on the transmitter.

Programming cards are available for some ESC's.

Some ESC's have interfaces so that they can be programmed from a PC (e.g. Castle Creations).

Personally, I hate programming ESC's using the throttle stick and go for ESC's where programming cards are available. Which means that I have a collection of programming cards....

In my experience, there always seems to be a parameter that I wish to change from the default, e.g. cut off voltage, timing to suit the number of poles that the motor has.

HTH

Steve

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
  • I think I am as mad as I think I am then I am mad
Re: brushless esc
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 02:57:34 pm »

%% %% Thanks a lot for your advice,I have programmed devices before but this area is all new to me,I will give it a try you never know I might
even get it right,thanks again for your help,Ray. >>:-( [size=78%]  [/size]
My boats are all wood like my head fluctuat nec mergitur
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.