Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Member  (Read 1112 times)

kriz240174

• Inactive
  • Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« on: March 27, 2013, 11:33:44 pm »

Hi new member thought id say hello and tell a little about myself. :D
Im rather new to rc boating but i did have an old scratch built boat that i used to run in New Brighton boating lake a couple of years ago but i sold this on and didnt replace it until a couple of weeks ago when i purchased a slipway 500 racing boat. I managed to build this eventually and took it for its maiden run last week and now i have been  bitten by the bug again badly.
I visited my local model shop last saturday and ended coming away with a 30"ish hand built cabin cruiser which i will post some pics up of soon i just need to fit some radio gear.It looks scratch built im not sure if it has been built from plans im hoping someone might be able to identify it for me.
I also picked up an old Aerokit Sea Rover from a carboot on the sunday for just £15.00 its in a shocking state but i plan to restore it slowly its a lovely old boat built in 1962 came with an old Taycol Meteor motor but i plan to replace this with something newer. Luckily it came with an old set of original plans. I have been looking on the net and really like the old Aerokit range so plan on building one myself when i have finished the sea rover ill probably start off small with  a sea nymph or similar as im a complete novice which is why i have joined this club in hope of advice from more experienced builders. :-))
Thats all for now  :-)

Stavros

Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 11:50:34 pm »

Welcome to the madhouse......well you got to be mad to join us lot  O0 O0 {-) O0 O0

Dont be afraid of asking anything at all and dont worry we will never laugh at the question honestly  O0

Oh first round is yours at 6bells

Dave

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: New Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 09:40:02 am »

Welcome aboard Kriz!

You don't have to be mad to join this forum but you may well soon be!

( A tomorrow is 'Good Friday', we'll be having Fish & Chips today - £137,000.97 per head.... whole head of blue whale. )
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 23 queries.