Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QMII  (Read 1664 times)

Hilux5972

• Shipmate
QMII
« on: March 28, 2013, 09:00:57 pm »

Below are a couple of pics from the Queen Mary II's recent visit to akaroa, nz. She looked stunning. However, whilst on the peninsula overlooking her, I got into a slight tiff with one of the passengers! I was chatting to her, and her comment was QMII is a gorgeous cruise ship. I agreed, but politely tried to correct her that QMII is actually a transatlantic ocean liner, built specifically as such. This passenger then began to argue, and I could not make her understand the difference between a cruise liner & a transatlantic ocean liner. Does anyone else find this some times? I know it's trivial, but it can be a bit frustrating.
Current Builds:
1/250 RMS Titanic

Past Builds:
1/250 Titanic (Twice)
1/200 DK Bismarck
1/200 HMS Hood

Hilux5972

• Shipmate
Re: QMII
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 09:07:55 pm »

Forgot the pics
Current Builds:
1/250 RMS Titanic

Past Builds:
1/250 Titanic (Twice)
1/200 DK Bismarck
1/200 HMS Hood

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 09:23:00 pm »

...& hilux asked.... "the difference between a cruise liner & a transatlantic ocean liner"

:o well if QM11 is a transatlantic liner she must have had a dingbat captain   O0  to steer her via New Zealand on her transatlantic return to or from Southampton.......or New York  {-) ....
However thankfully the Captain had the brains to keep her off the island & not like the last large cruise liner Costa C  <*< .......Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Hilux5972

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 09:31:07 pm »

She was built and designed specifically as a transatlantic ocean liner, but undertakes cruise ship sailings as well. The point I was making to this passenger is she is the last ocean liner afloat today. She is not a cruise ship, but a true transatlantic liner. That was the point I was trying to get across to this woman but she just would not listen to reason, even when presented with the facts.
Current Builds:
1/250 RMS Titanic

Past Builds:
1/250 Titanic (Twice)
1/200 DK Bismarck
1/200 HMS Hood

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 10:24:25 pm »

Women as noted by hilux........ "she just would not listen to reason, even when presented with the facts"
Well hilux.....my observation on these worldly matters differs to your thoughts
1. The person in question has paid her $##### ticket to sail on the said liner
2. As a valid ticket holder she [the passenger] is able to hold her opinion that the vessel if in New Zealand waters was in fact cruising 10,000 km away from a transatlantic run
3. Based upon this I tend to agree with the passenger that the vessel could be considered on that voyage to be a cruise ship
4. The passenger is also a women  :D  these species usually tend to think that they will win most verbal altercations  >>:-(
5. I for one would not attempt to confuse or infuse any discussion points with her  :o
6. However I have an excellent publication for you to read should you wish to converse further with this same valid ticket holder fare paying passenger.......Derek  {-) 
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 21 queries.