Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shannon  (Read 13208 times)

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
Re: Shannon
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2013, 07:08:34 pm »

Where is she now I would like to know, I was tracking her on the marine traffic site, Mick B.
Mick B.

kinmel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2013, 08:39:06 pm »

She is still at Fleetwood

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2013, 08:55:56 pm »

she's up on blocks in the marina compound at the moment.....probably all switched off..........unless some thieving scumbag has gotten aboard ( not the greatest of security there I'm afraid) and nicked all the radio/electronics from her.........they can strip a boat in Fleetwood faster than  pirrhana's can strip a bone, lol

dpbarry

• If it ain't broke, break it and curse fixing it!
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Newcastle Lifeboat Station
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2013, 11:19:23 pm »

:-)) ;D

Had a run out in the Shannon on Monday when she came over from Isle of Man. Very nice indeed!!

Gripped the seat hard waiting for the thud just as she bounced over a wave. Like sitting in a bl**dy armchair. Seating was excellent. Couldn't believe how comfortable it was.. 4 guys from station went down to clogherhead station on passage. Picked them up and they loved it. Took a bit of time getting used to joystick steering.

Hope the gods are good to us at end of year.

Declan

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2013, 06:29:10 am »

Now you are just trying to make Neil jealous Declan, you are just one lucky guy & I think most of us are jealous too. Any bets on who will be the first model company with a kit of it. Mick B.
Mick B.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2013, 10:11:08 am »

Now you are just trying to make Neil jealous Declan, you are just one lucky guy & I think most of us are jealous too. Any bets on who will be the first model company with a kit of it. Mick B.

Oh god no, Mick...that  jolly jaunt would have made me green  but not with envy.......I'd have really christened the boat if I'd gone out in that weather {:-{ {:-{ {:-{ {:-{ and the cox certailny wouldn't have liked that {-) {-)

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2013, 03:57:34 pm »

" Had a run out in the Shannon on Monday when she came over from Isle of Man. Very nice indeed!!"

I'm not saying nothin! Envy is a SIN.Guess that then makes me a big sinner.Stop bragging you lot of being on the Shannon,bin there done that,before you lot (but it was moored up!!!)
MICK F    (note colour!!)

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2013, 11:08:26 am »

Sorry about deviating from the Topic.

I'll see if we transfer the Sick notes to a new thread.

Ken

It can't be done very easily so could I ask all participants to re- enter their sick notes into the new topic now on Chit Cat section.
I'm sure there's a few more comments on this.    :}

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

dpbarry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2013, 11:11:51 am »

This subject is now becoming sickening <:(  May I politely request that we all please revert to the topic of Shannon Lifeboat? Thanks :embarrassed: ;) {-) {-) {-)

:embarrassed: :embarrassed:  Oops.. Sorry rottweiler.. Living up to name  :-))

Nuff said on topic.

I've a few pictures to add to thread ... Shannon pictures.. not the other  {-)  I'll see if my work place lets me attach them

Declan

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2013, 11:43:32 am »

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

dpbarry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2013, 01:13:45 pm »

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2013, 01:38:35 pm »

Nice Photos Declan,thanks for those.Could you understand the  proper broad Cornish dialect of the Coxn Tommy Cocking?
Mick F

dpbarry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2013, 03:01:35 pm »

Nice Photos Declan,thanks for those.Could you understand the  proper broad Cornish dialect of the Coxn Tommy Cocking?
Mick F

Yip. Understood him perfectly. O0  .

Probably a throwback from understanding  'me da'  {-)  My father was a Wexford man (South of Ireland) and had a very strong brogue and dialect - especially when he got into conversation with his brothers/Sister/and relatives.

I use to say to friends, 'When I don't understand him,..RUN.  cus he's p*ssed mad about something' >>:-(

Declan

setsunakaede

• Shipmate
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2013, 08:29:53 pm »

As for the Shannon looking ugly though, I would say it is not the prettiest boat I have seen but it is still a nice looking boat. Many on here think that the Tamar is an ugly looking boat but I personally think it is the best looking boat in the fleet. The Tamar looks all purposeful & business like & what is most important it does the job & does it better than most, thats all we can hope to ask for.Mick B.

Wait, what? Tamar class ugly?!? I was about to argue that in my opinion the Tamar class is one of the best looking lifeboats out there, with its sleek superstructure and the lowered deck amidships, and the spacious flybridge.
And while I think this Shannon class is not quite looking as good as the Tamar class, it still looks the part IMO... I like it!

...But then again, maybe I am a bit biased, having just finished a functional (and VERY beautifully sailing!) Tamar of 32cm length.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2013, 09:37:25 pm »

Wait, what? Tamar class ugly?!? I was about to argue that in my opinion the Tamar class is one of the best looking lifeboats out there, with its sleek superstructure and the lowered deck amidships, and the spacious flybridge.
And while I think this Shannon class is not quite looking as good as the Tamar class, it still looks the part IMO... I like it!

...But then again, maybe I am a bit biased, having just finished a functional (and VERY beautifully sailing!) Tamar of 32cm length.

I agree.....great looking boats...........wouldn't turn them away when I was up to me neck in water, that's for sure..

setsunakaede

• Shipmate
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2013, 12:20:56 pm »

I also wouldn't turn down an invitation to have a ride on it, hell, I'd probably be willing to pay for it.

dpbarry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2013, 12:57:35 pm »

I also wouldn't turn down an invitation to have a ride on it, hell, I'd probably be willing to pay for it.

It was loverly  ;D 

Sorry, that wasn't fair. Just couldn't resist. Probably just put the kiss of death to us getting one. Karma and all that  {:-{

Declan
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.