Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M V Pateke  (Read 2275 times)

davejay

• Full Mayhemer
  • Member of Swindon Model Boat and Engineering Club
M V Pateke
« on: April 07, 2013, 08:13:15 pm »

Hi guys, does anybody know the true length of the MV Pateke, some sources state that she was 236 to 237 ft long whereas others state that she was 206 ft. Now, I am a bit confused because the hull length of the 'modelsbydesign' hull is given as 50 inch x 7 inch beam, and at the scale of 1/48th (1/4 inch to the foot) this would mean that the original full size vessel would have been 200ft x 28ft, but as you can see if the quoted 236ft is correct then the model hull should be 59 inches long x 8 (ish) inches wide. Can you see why I'm confused dot com!!!........was the real Pateke really 236 ft long or 206 ft long or is (god forbid) the model hull length wrong....or is it a misprint on the website and the 50" should read 59"....does anyone have the hull so they can measure it for its physical length or at least provide me with some correct info!!!

In need of help, all the best, Dave
Imagine a world without boats!
Its not easy, I wont try, I just wont let it happen!

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: M V Pateke
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 08:50:57 pm »

Googling brings up dimensions of 235 ft 6 in length and 33 ft 10 in beam. but doesn't say whether length was overall or between perpendiculars.

The original Nexus plan states model dimensions as 50 in x 7in and this was used to produce the Metcalf/Models by Design hull.

So there does appear to be a discrepancy.

Colin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 21 queries.