Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Can someone please help me find the webhost for a UK company?  (Read 16669 times)

Kmot

I am having trouble locating the host for a website. I want to report this website for copyright infringement. I contacted the website and complained, and asked them to remove my photos and they have chosen to ignore me. Now I want to report them to their webhost.

They have been using my photos illegaly for many months. I never gave them the photos. I have asked them to remove them. They refuse. This is the page with my photos on it:

http://rchobby.co.uk/venice_90__classic_speed_boat.html

You will notice the photos have my watermark on them: Kmot

This is the business:

http://rchobby.co.uk/

This is their domain info:

Domain name:
rchobby.co.uk

Registrant:
Jane Paula Holmes

Registrant type:
UK Sole Trader

Registrant's address:
C2 Ayckbourn Chapters
Royal Avenue
Scarborough
YO11 2NB
United Kingdom

Registrant's agent:
Schlund + Partner AG [Tag = SCHLUND]
URL: http://registrar.schlund.info

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 11-Feb-2003
Renewal date: 11-Feb-2009
Last updated: 10-Feb-2007

Registration status:
Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
ns33.1and1.co.uk
ns34.1and1.co.uk

I have sent an e-mail to Sclund but they may just be a name registrar? I dunno the ins/outs of this web stuff.

Thank you for any help you can give me to get this resolved.

Best regards,
Tom Keliher aka Kmot

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
Re: Can someone please help me find the webhost for a UK company?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 11:52:22 pm »

Not shure what you are after but you prob saw this ??

Peter

http://rchobby.co.uk/rc_hobby_order_information.html

Kmot

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 02:08:05 am »

Oh yes, I have seen that page. I have in fact had several e-mails with RC Hobby UK and they no longer will respond to my request to remove my photos with my watermark on them.

I have proven to them beyond the shadow of a doubt that the photos are mine, have been stolen and used without my permission, and I would like them removed since they are selling product, making money using my pictures, and I have not benefitted from it.

I asked them to either remove my photos, or compensate me for their use. They have chosen to ignore me now, and leave my photos, used illegaly, up on their site. They even have the nerve, if you right-click on my pictures, to claim they are their property and that copyright infringement is illegal. Hello?

Kmot

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 05:04:02 am »

Someone has told me they think the host is 1 and 1 company. I have already sent them an e-mail. I am awaiting a response from them.

Name servers:
ns33.1and1.co.uk
ns34.1and1.co.uk

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 05:06:38 am »

Kmot

A solicitors letter will cost you about 10 quid.

Your first consult would be free.
You would also get advice on your legal position.

In addition, they are claiming copyright for the picture. Try right clicking on the image.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

wombat

• Full Mayhemer
  • The view from the shallow end of the gene pool
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 09:19:41 am »

The host is 1&1 - it is the same host that we use. Generally they are pretty helpful, though I suspect that they will not want to get too involved in this matter as there is no criminal material on the site. I don't have the material to hand to look up but I suspect the T&Cs for 1&1 make it clear that copyright is the clients issue.

Won't hurt to drop them a line though.

Alternatively, you could try an alternative tack with the company - if the images are copyright, tell them that there is a royalty for their use of some amount less than £500 or so. Send them an invoice for the amount with a note that continued use of the image constitutes an agreement to pay the royalty.

Wom
The prat in the hat - www.floatingwombat.me.uk - Have look & say Hi

PSSHIPS

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 09:29:07 am »

Them buggers have done the same to me too, check out the Airleighburke pictures.
 Paul...

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 10:51:07 am »

Them buggers have done the same to me too, check out the Airleighburke pictures.
 Paul...

PSS
You should watermark with your webaddress, then people can visit yoursite.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 07:57:56 pm »

Paul...

Paul

As she appears to be a trading business you could send her the link below for reference and ask her to either confirm that she wants to license the image or take it down, or you will take steps to recover the license amount and/or request her ISP shuts down her website due to the copyright infringement:

Reference Link:  http://www.cilip.org.uk/NR/exeres/E99A8CBD-057A-4B64-AD88-777B946BDC78

If she does not reply you could always send her an invoice and include a note that if it is not settled within, say, 30 days you will be passing it to debt collection agency based in the UK*  The idea of a debt collection agency visiting what I would suspect is her home might prompt some action!

Her ISP is, as you thought, 1and1, you can contact them via abuse@1and1.com

NOTE that for each infringement, it suggests 2500 UK pounds EACH!

Kmot and i are on the case...  ;)

Kmot

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 09:22:19 pm »

Thanks for all the help you guys!!!  :)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 09:58:06 pm »

Yes, they ripped off this site too.

I sent them an invoice of £25 a day per photo, the photos disappeared eventually - but I would do it in writing send recorded /signed for.
As said before, you could also notify the the host that if they don't do something, you will also be invoicing them per photo per day.

Use http://samspade.org/ for any wed site info.

Let us know how you get on.

Martin.
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007, 10:11:37 pm »

Thanks for bring this up. I was considering buying an electric powered glider from that site but now will not do so. At least that's one potential customer they have lost due to ripping others off.

slewis

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2007, 10:46:57 pm »

ANYBODY  DONT USE RCHOBBY for anything !!
I just found this thread and the name rchobby started the alarm bells ringing in my mind . There have been a load of problems with this company from another forum I use and to be honest its not worth the effort as ultimatley you will not get what you want if you get anything at all !
 I have posted a question about this place on my other forum as I tend to frequent it more than this one but will let you know anything I find from them .

Hmm barge pole and touch spring to mind ....

Shane

PSSHIPS

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2007, 11:08:57 pm »

Lets think on this! 1 and 1 is a website hosting company, it is not their fault that they have got a dodgy company under their wing, my psships site is operated by them and I have had no problems with that one, the Sirmar site is operated by guys from a different company based in the Midlands who are a bunch of rip off merchants.

1 and 1 are VERY good normally.

The problem I see here is someone using pictures of models that they do not actually sell, which in my book is misrepresentation!

They are using them in almost all cases to illustrate their product when clearly it is not!

This is the problem.

I am with anyone who wants to go for these people and will put my weight behind it, as they are misleading people and as I say, this is misrepresentation!

Paul...
(Moderated)

Kmot

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2007, 12:29:44 am »

Fella's, this is getting quite thick isn't it? Turns out I am not the only one who has been taken advantage of by this company.

I hold nothing against One and One company. I have e-mailed them however, and given them all the pertinent information and e-mails exchanged between myself and RC Hobby. I only asked of One and One to modify their (RC Hobby) account and remove my photographs.

I am also working on invoicing RC Hobby for the continued use of my photos.

Thanks again to all of you! You are a great bunch! :)

PSSHIPS

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2007, 12:44:21 am »

KMOT, 1 and 1 only host the site, they can however screwe what ever site up and stop them doing anything that they should not be doing.
 The problem is what this company is uploading, IE, RC model whatever?

The problem is with them.
 I had the same problem with these new Chinese companies a few years back when they started up, they used my pictures from my site to try and sell their second rate goods, they even stole full pages from the Sirmar site as they are and tried to sell their goods that way too, the plot is very thick with these jokers and it has been going on for a while, it is nothing new mate!

They just need stopping and people in the UK and elsewhere who know the products, to stop even thinking about these dodgy companies in the first place and get their stuff from good reliable people, not these "fly by nights"
 They say it is a "thow away society", true, you ay say, but, if you built BY HAND it IT IS NOT!

These people should not be allowed to coppy, use or otherwise infinge on anything you do, they should do their own and if they were any good, they would.
 Paul...

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2007, 06:54:31 am »

Topic moderated.

I'm sure that many people are more than happy with the service they've received from http://rchobby.co.uk/ - but so far one one on this forum has jumped to their defence... I wonder why!

I do find it objectionable that anyone or a company believes that they can set up a web-shop or sell goods on an internet auction website and think they are are absolved of any duty of customer service or beyold the reach of the law. >:(

Admin.
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

bobdoc

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2007, 03:24:57 pm »

Have read all this with interest. Can this be processed with less time and effort with a report from those affected, with this thread as support, to the Trading Standards people.

That way, court costs are avoided and the directors of the company involved will at least have a black mark for the future, if nothing more significant at this stage.

If found in breach, then a follow up, even in the Small Claims Court, might be satisfying and at least compensation in part.

Good luck - it must be very frustrating

Bobdoc

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2007, 05:14:15 pm »

Topic moderated.

I'm sure that many people are more than happy with the service they've received from http://rchobby.co.uk/ - but so far one one on this forum has jumped to their defence... I wonder why!

I do find it objectionable that anyone or a company believes that they can set up a web-shop or sell goods on an internet auction website and think they are are absolved of any duty of customer service or beyold the reach of the law. >:(

Admin.

Come on admin don't sit on the fence say what you think.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

johno 52-11

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model lifeboats built to perform
    • lifeboat Models
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2007, 05:55:23 pm »

If you start an MS-dos window and then use the ping command followed by the site name it should resolve the IP address of the host server in this cace 82.165.57.206
you can also get this by running nslookup and putting the name in there.

Once you have the IP address go to www.ripe.net and put it in the whois box and the will give you all the infornation about who owns the address.

% This is the RIPE Whois query server #1.
% The objects are in RPSL format.
%
% Rights restricted by copyright.
% See http://www.ripe.net/db/copyright.html
% Note: This output has been filtered.
%       To receive output for a database update, use the "-B" flag.
% Information related to '82.165.48.0 - 82.165.63.255'
inetnum:         82.165.48.0 - 82.165.63.255
netname:         SCHLUND-SHARED
descr:           Schlund + Partner AG
descr:           NCC#2004115007
admin-c:         UI-RIPE
tech-c:          UI-RIPE
remarks:         in case of abuse or spam, please mailto: abuse@schlund.de
rev-srv:         nsa.schlund.de
rev-srv:         nsa2.schlund.de
rev-srv:         ns.ripe.net
mnt-by:          SCHLUND-MNT
source:          RIPE # Filtered
role:            Schlund NCC
address:         Schlund + Partner AG
address:         Brauerstrasse 48
address:         D-76135 Karlsruhe
address:         Germany
remarks:         For abuse issues, please use only abuse@schlund.com
remarks:         For NOC issues, please look at our AS 8560
phone:           +49 721 91374 50
fax-no:          +49 721 91374 20
e-mail:          abuse@schlund.com
admin-c:         SPNC-RIPE
tech-c:          SPNC-RIPE
nic-hdl:         UI-RIPE
% Information related to '82.165.0.0/16AS8560'
route:           82.165.0.0/16
descr:           SCHLUND-PA-4
origin:          AS8560

As you can see the site is hosted by a German hosting company. You could try there abuse contact. abuse@schlund.de

Kmot

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2007, 07:12:55 pm »

johno: Thank you, sir!

Kmot

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2007, 07:23:07 pm »

Interestingly, I just forwarded the e-mail I had sent to "abuse at one and one dot com" to this "abuse at schlund dot com" and I just got an auto reply. From "abuse at one and one dot com." So it appears they are one in the same company.

Down below

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2007, 11:38:49 am »

Can i suggest you have a good read of the link below as there is a lot of info about this company with other links to the stunts pulled as to and how it conducts its business, the propriteors name is Richard Holmes if you are not already aware.

http://www.rcmf.co.uk/4um/index.php/topic,37313.0.html

Goodluck ;)

Kmot

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2007, 10:09:04 pm »

Down Below: Thank you for the link.

I feel so sorry for the folks that have had their money stolen. I only had some photos, very un-interesting ones at that, stolen and merely wanted them removed. Or compensated for. It has become quite obvious that RC Hobby UK aka GPI Models aka Grand Prix Images are all one in the same and have a long history of documented fraud and fraudulent attempts.

I am currently, with the help of a couple of interested folks, trying to put the legal squeeze on this outfit. Only regards a few photos, though.

Ultimately, this rogue outfit should be put out of business and perhaps behind bars so that they will cease scamming innocent people.

Down below

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2007, 08:16:01 am »

At least you now have the full picture of what you are up against, dont be surprised if the outfit suddenly vanishes off the map only to resurface elsewhere yet again!

Amongst that link did you see the other two interesting links?.....One from RBC kits in the Netherlands which has blacklisted the company on its home page and the other link to the Name & Shame web site from a guy saying he spent £520 on a Submarine he never got :o

I just hope you manage to nail this company and the highlight prevents more potential buyers loosing there hard earned money or for that matter the clear misrepresentation of photos as its sounds like your not the only one.

Maybe all the modelling forums should carry a warning about this company as it appears a lot of its business is done via the net :o
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 21 queries.