Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flightcraft Nimrod multi racer  (Read 1594 times)

spearfish99

• Full Mayhemer
Flightcraft Nimrod multi racer
« on: October 25, 2013, 04:38:18 pm »

A few days ago, more by luck than judgement, I won a set of hull moulds off of Ebay. When I collected them, (they were advertised locally which is why I put my winning 99p bid on), I found that they were part of an "estate" sale from a gent who had had a severe stroke and had to go into a home and his house was being cleared. I was quite shocked when I found that it was an old mate of mine who I hadn't seen for donkeys years.

The mould are perfect and are for the hull and top for a 32" multi racer. They look professionally made and have labels laminated into them saying that they are for a Flightcraft Nimrod.

Despite the usual googling, I can't find any trace of this hull.  Has anyone ever heard of it?,  seen one , even used one ?  Enquiry is more out of interest than anything else, as I don't suppose I will actually use them

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Flightcraft Nimrod multi racer
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 11:38:00 pm »

Ask Ian Folkson of Ian's Boats or Dave Marles at Prestwich, both long standing multi racers..

spearfish99

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Flightcraft Nimrod multi racer
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 03:48:31 pm »

Hi Ian,
Thanks for that.
 Due to my age, I unfortunately probably predate either of them in multiracing terms and I have never come across the hull. Probably a project that never got very far for some reason or other. In multi, there tend to be "in" hulls that everyone goes for with a few "also rans" around the edges.  Looks like I might have a "never ran" !
 Cheers

Ian
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.