Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ebay relay switch  (Read 1978 times)

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
Ebay relay switch
« on: April 22, 2013, 06:35:38 am »

Hello
all
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5V-Indicator-Light-LED-One-1-Channel-Relay-Module-Arduino-ARM-PIC-AVR-DSP-/171017943611?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item27d176ba3b

will the above relay work on a spare channel on a 2.4ghz reciver ie channel 5 or 6 which is a toggel switch on the transmiter.

John

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
  • I think I am as mad as I think I am then I am mad
Re: Ebay relay switch
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 06:56:28 am »

%% Yes it will, draws about same current as servo,switching current 10amps which is quite a lot, what are you switching lighting?Ray. :embarrassed: :embarrassed:
My boats are all wood like my head fluctuat nec mergitur

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 09:35:50 am »

Since the advert clearly says "ARDUINO"  and not "RC" I suspect that it just provides power to operate the relay, and responds to a logic level output from the ARDUINO rather than the coded signal from an RC RX.  If it uses a PIC to convert the logic level to a relay operating value, it will probably need a differently programmed one to take the encoded signal from the RX and operate the relay.
Looking more closely at the pictures, I cant spot a PIC - 2 LEDs, 2 resistors to supply the LEDs, a diode to stop the relay back emf killing anything, a two legged device that might be a resistor giving a connection to drive a transistor, and a transistor.  Not at all bad for the price and convenience, but nothing to allow it to work directly off a radio control receiver.  The extra bit of circuit is what makes proper switchers cost what they do.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
  • I think I am as mad as I think I am then I am mad
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 10:19:22 am »

:-)) Sorry cos918,I misunderstood what you were saying,a method which I have used in the past is to use an old servo,make the arm into
a cam,buy a micro switch from maplins for £2.50.set it up so cam operates switch arm, this will take 12amps enough for most uses, simple
method does the same job,Ray.

My boats are all wood like my head fluctuat nec mergitur

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 05:28:40 pm »

HI all
than you for the advice on the ebay link. Shame as they are realy well priced. I have seen the Action one but I think the £20 is a bit steep for what it is.
Martin I had seen a thread on here using that switch you sent an ebay link for. Troubel is finding them . I will carry on looking and worse case I can use a cheep servo and a switch.

John

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 09:08:47 pm »

HI all
than you for the advice on the ebay link. Shame as they are realy well priced. I have seen the Action one but I think the £20 is a bit steep for what it is.
Martin I had seen a thread on here using that switch you sent an ebay link for. Troubel is finding them . I will carry on looking and worse case I can use a cheep servo and a switch.

John
Simple, really.  Just look up "rc switcher circuit" on google, then using one of the very many circuits you will find, build one. I suspect that you will then understand the last sentence in my previous post.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.