Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SPRINGER PIRATE GUNSHIP...  (Read 5288 times)

eddiesolo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Shiver me timbers...I've spilt me glue!
THE SPRINGER PIRATE GUNSHIP...
« on: April 22, 2013, 01:40:08 pm »

Got the springer off Daz and set to work moddifying the cab area and generally just spraying up,

Some early piccies. Found a bag of old Mega Blocks that my lad had...they have come in very handy, added some ali mesh, the hatch can be opened and it has had a coat of plastic grey primer, once all the glue and primer has fully set I shall start weathering. The rough edging is intentional, it is too look like sloppy welds etc.

Si:)

My models are not nice, clean and ship-shape. They be mucky, grubby, rusty and smelly.

Mad_Mike

• Full Mayhemer
  • Lincolnshire
Re: THE SPRINGER PIRATE GUNSHIP...
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 02:08:02 pm »

2 boats SI, pfft ye right %)  good to see your back in the saddle after your little misshap.  :-))

eddiesolo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 02:11:47 pm »

WHAT?!  {-)  Just saw em, Daz gave me a good price and I could collect...just pure chance, that is all.  :D

My models are not nice, clean and ship-shape. They be mucky, grubby, rusty and smelly.

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 02:58:17 pm »

Straight out of Waterworld or maybe Star Wars.   Steampunkt ?  I`m going to try some dirty stuff to on a Dickie tug.    I do wonder about the depth of the push-knees below the waterline.   Good idea to keep the bulwark between the knees...ooh er Missus :embarrassed:   Welcome to Springer Mania World :-))
..well can you land on this?

eddiesolo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 03:22:18 pm »

Straight out of Waterworld or maybe Star Wars.   Steampunkt ?  I`m going to try some dirty stuff to on a Dickie tug.    I do wonder about the depth of the push-knees below the waterline.   Good idea to keep the bulwark between the knees...ooh er Missus :embarrassed:   Welcome to Springer Mania World :-))

Can't beat a dirty boat in my opinion  :D

eddiesolo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 03:29:05 pm »

Few more piccies-hull sprayed biege, wheel house and deck in a dark mettalic. Loads more to do.

Mad_Mike

• Full Mayhemer
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 03:56:35 pm »

are you doing anything with the trailer?

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 04:02:01 pm »

Like the dark metallic, not sure about the desert creme de la camel or is that just undercoat.
..well can you land on this?

eddiesolo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 04:09:59 pm »

are you doing anything with the trailer?

Yep, going to add the the bio hazard bin, got some skeleton parts that are going to go in it with green ooze. Plus other bits, thinking that is going to be torture/storage area.

eddiesolo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 04:12:02 pm »

Like the dark metallic, not sure about the desert creme de la camel or is that just undercoat.
Don't have a lot of the mettalic left so may just overspray the hull lightly so that the biege shows through, then I will rust it.

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
  • I think I am as mad as I think I am then I am mad
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 04:31:44 pm »

:-)) Looks great real menacing,I like the mesh effect,needs some cobwebs to go with the skeletons,keep up the good work,Ray {-) {-)     
My boats are all wood like my head fluctuat nec mergitur

eddiesolo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 04:45:51 pm »

Cheers Ray, I shall terrorise the other boats on the lake...'AVAST YEE...PREPARE TO BE BOARDED AND SURRENDER YOUR BOOTY'...or something along them lines. Got a few more details to do, but she is looking good so far.

eddiesolo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2013, 05:31:54 pm »

Bit of an update: Repainted the hull, added some skulls to the cab front, added some plastic tyres to the top hull plate, added some cheapo meccano type metal plates to the knees, added a fuel/whatever tank, added a home made crane onto the trailer coupling. Searchlight to make and fit, some decals and weathering to do.

Some piccies of the mean machine. :D

Mad_Mike

• Full Mayhemer
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2013, 10:10:56 pm »

I like your resourceful and free willed approach to your building. You have the mind of an artist but me being all engineering minded my brain cannot just let go and create something completely random. In some ways i am quite envious as there a things id like to do but do not have the talent to do.

eddiesolo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2013, 10:34:44 pm »

Bless you Mike, I appreciate the kind words. Never had a problem in looking at a pile of junk and thinking I can turn that into something, painting and weathering is something I used to be good at, weathering as more to detailed painting now due to the dicky hands  {:-{  Yet, I cannot draw for toffee, did a oil paintinf got techniques down but the picture is flat, no depth to the picture subject...just cannot fathom it out. I love steam engines etc, the engineering is wonderful, yet again it is beyond me to grasp, so together you do the engineering side and I can add guns out of junk and do the weathering  %%

You want to see the boat now, the whole boat has been weathered, looks really nasty and mean. Will get another pic up later of her finished. Waiting for some shark decals to arrive and just need to name her.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.