Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trumpter Bismark Wooden Decks  (Read 1719 times)

AlanT

• Full Mayhemer
Trumpter Bismark Wooden Decks
« on: April 23, 2013, 10:27:31 am »

I’ve just started my build of the Trumpter 1/200 scale Bismark kit. So far I’ve fitted the Dean’s Marine single motor option kit which involved modifying the original rudders and easing out the central prop shaft housing to take the M2 Shaft. I have also made a retainer box for the 6volt Lead Acid battery I’m going to use. All has gone well so far just waiting for a 15amp MTronics ESC and Planet 2.4 receiver to complete the R/C work.
I did paint the main deck with the recommended Tan paint but to be honest I am not happy with the finished colour, (it seems far too dark to my untrained eye!). I have therefore ordered an ArtWok wooden deck overlay from Freetime Hobbies in the States, (No one I could find in the UK had one in stock!!).
Has anyone fitted one of these overlays to their models and if so are there any pitfalls to avoid or are there any tips to make fitting easy. Any advice appreciated.
Alan

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Trumpter Bismark Wooden Decks
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 09:44:44 pm »

Hi i have the wooden decks for the 200 scale Arizona and the 200 scale Yamato both from Art wok the quality is superb. When fitted they will take the models to a higher level . The average cost of the above is around £ 75. :(( :(( :(( :(( :((

Stan Reffin

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Trumpter Bismark Wooden Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 09:46:07 pm »

HI Alan T P/M SENT.

Stan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 21 queries.