Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Model Slipway Sentinel refurb  (Read 2529 times)

stunts

• Shipmate
Model Slipway Sentinel refurb
« on: April 25, 2013, 02:44:04 pm »

Hi all,

Just thought I'd start a thread on the refurbishment of a Model Slipway Sentinel I bought.

It seems that the original build didn't follow the standard method of construction in relation to the upper hull strengthening to provide a basis for the deck. The interior was fitted out with a wooden frame and then a relatively flat piece of wood was used for the deck. This in itself is no real problem, but it will require some tidying up :)

I have started by making up some radar drives from a couple of pico servos with the electronics removed and just the motor connected. They work pretty well and just need a bit of further tidying/painting to have the desired effect. I'm going to look at lighting the boat as well.

The rear hatch had been created as a raised platform. I prefer the boat as having a flat rear deck, so I have started sorting that out too.

All the stanchions have been removed and cleaned of paint and they will be refitted toward the end of the build.

I'll post pictures up as and when I get things done. Hopefully at the end of my work she will be a lot better looking than she is now :)

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Model Slipway Sentinel refurb
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 11:21:08 pm »

I look forward to seeing your progress on the refurbishment. I built a Sentinel back in 2005. I thought it was a great kit and it builds into a lovely model that looks and performs well.

Peter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 21 queries.