Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Grantham & District MBC  (Read 25625 times)

Pirate

• Full Mayhemer
Grantham & District MBC
« on: May 29, 2007, 08:57:14 am »

Due to the kind intervention of SKD council in the emptying, maintenance and refilling of our pond ( the old outdoor swimming pool, Wyndham park, Grantham, Lincs ) which in the last ten years had accumulated a unhealthy amount of debris natural and vandal induced,to the point where it was a danger to wildlife and human users. I the secretary of the club would just like to notify everyone who was planning to come to our RNLI open day next Sunday that this event is cancelled until the pool is once again operative. Then we warmly welcome one and all to join us at this and any of our other events.
Grateful thanks to SKDC for there work and to all who attend G&DMBC in there patience and support.
Yours
Andrew Palmer
Sec of G&DMBC)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Grantham & District MBC
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 10:12:14 am »

Grantham & District MBC was one of the first clubs I visited when I started Mayhem!
... a Great bunch of people!

Photos!

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 06:41:17 pm »

Via email to Mayhem...

Hi,

My name's Suzie and I'm a reporter at the Grantham Journal. I have had a letter from a member of the Grantham Model Boat Club but I'm struggling to track them down. Would it be possible for you to put me in contact with someone at the club to talk about the damage that has been caused to the boating lake?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Kind regards,

Suzie
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Pirate

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 08:53:21 pm »

PM sent to you Martin
Thanks
Pirate

baloo

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 07:36:26 am »

With reference to the damage at the pool,( i know the last post was in july 2010) but what ive been told(possibly a nother rumour)is that when the council contractor was cleaning out the pool a "digger" fell over !.Now nobody will take the blame(nothing unusal there then)the pool still leaks, it dops up to a foot,but when you ask people about the pool yeah it`s ok we still sail on thurs and sunday.You dont see any competitions going on just plain sailing!,and why does the pool have to be 4ft deep,30" is deep enough then it would be easier for the club to maintain it themself`s
LET`S BRING BACK BOATING AT WYNDHAM PARK !

dubree

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 07:21:09 pm »

I visited the Boating Lake today 19th February to find it completely devoid of water. Why !! Does the council sit on it's hands

baloo

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 05:59:30 pm »

HI,i have spoken to steve frisby(skdc),and he told me that they will empty and clean the pool out.And also try and find out where the pool is leaking.As i said to him it`s aprox 1 to 2 ft down from the top as thats where the water settles,but he also wants to re-new the buildings.Now once that is done hopefully we can have G & D. M.B.C. back (with compititions) and members coming back instead of going to other clubs, cos ther aint enough water to sail.

dubree

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 09:21:28 pm »

I had contact with Phil at Grantham model Boat Club. My understanding is the Council are keen to have this up and running for the Queens Silver Jubilee in June, with the club running a Flotilla of boats to mimic the Thames Flotilla.
I would love to think this could happen, as I for one would love to sail mine. With the promised revamp, there could develop a waiting list to join!!

baloo

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 05:26:50 pm »

I myself have not been a member for a very long time,i go to a lot of shows and events,but i would love to see the "model boat club" more involved. i knew a couple of "phils" in the club,but at present steve frisby is doing his best to get the boating lake /pool up and running.lets see if we can get more people involved and make another difference to wyndham pk

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
  • I`M YOUR FRIENDLY TRUCKER
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 07:59:07 pm »

When is "grantham & district model boat club" going to be up and running again,it was a good club but where has it`s members gone,i have heard they have gone to other clubs to sail WHY!!.

Timo2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 08:34:05 am »

Hi All

It would be nice if Clubs where to add to  http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/maps.php? . and tell the world just how many Club we have in the UK. plus lets us find local clubs.

Timo2
Just a Buoy at heart

m1racleman

• Inactive
  • Shipmate
  • Not a model boat club for miles!! sighhhh
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 04:14:47 pm »

how can it possibly take five years to repair a leak ???
Have they never been to WATCO's web site?
Loads of repair products on there.

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 05:21:01 pm »

It`s a shame that the council cant find " THE LEAK".It needs to be soughted so we can get this place/model boat club up and running  again.The quicker it can be done,the quicker this boat club can be up and running again,but when you ask about the club and what`s happening,nobody knowsso it looks like a letter to the local paper and we might get an answer(but dont hold your breath)as i have reasons to believe that the bowls club want it.baloo

Sinking Feeling

• Full Mayhemer
  • so many projects, so little time!
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 06:47:46 pm »

That is a shame, Doesnt sound good after all this time.  :((

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2013, 07:47:47 pm »

I sent an e-mail to steve frisby at skdc asking about the pool in wyndham park,home of "Grantham & district model boat club",he said they cannot at present fill the pool with water as the river authority wont give them permission (at present).dont know why we haven`t got a drought on,also he said they will be upgrading the vasinity around the boating lake so it`s looking promising.When this will happen is anybodys`s guess.baloo

Sinking Feeling

• Full Mayhemer
  • so many projects, so little time!
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 04:30:45 pm »

this will be good if it gets sorted out, grantham not far for me. :-))
in the meantime i'm currently looking at and in talks with some lake owners in my area, i will post up the details up here in a new thread when the details are sorted.  O0
S.F   

Bubblehead

• Shipmate
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2013, 08:58:10 pm »

SKDC were going to carry out a temporary repair in October 2012, before the bad weather set in.  Needless to say it has not been done, nor has the council recently sent a representative to the Wyndham park monthly forum meetings.

The club secretary cannot even get a reply to his e-mails sent about companies that can repair the pool or those that can provide the materials for a contractor.

We do not even know what budget SKDC have at their disposal for this "temporary repair".

Looks like the another year without water for the club. >>:-( <:( >:-o :(( {:-{

Bubblehead
Dive, Dive, Dive, emergency deep, rig for silent running

grasshopper

• Full Mayhemer
    • A1 Hobbies Ltd.
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2013, 10:19:14 pm »

Rumour has it that SKDC has acquired some form of grant for the park and boating facility, but the park forum should approach Steve Frisby again....

Bubblehead

• Shipmate
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2013, 03:32:30 pm »

I know that they asked if a seperate application for lottery funding would be considered for the boating lake to be refurbished.

This was not possible without jeopardising the parks application for its planned re-vamp.  However the council do not even have the funds to have the lottery application done, it has been put back 12 months.

And my subs too big for my bath!!!!!!!!! :D

[size=78%]Bubblehead [/size]

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2013, 03:52:04 pm »

Was that you who was at the boating lake in Cleethorpes
on Easter Sunday?
I was happily sailing me Marblehead when a chap from Grantham
who sails submarines was asking about access and water depth.
Access to the lake is open to all a metre or more of water but nil
visibility.

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Bubblehead

• Shipmate
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 03:57:00 pm »

It certainly was, if only we had your sailing facilities in Grantham.

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2013, 07:26:45 pm »

There are lots of rumors floating about,i know steve frisby is FOR  the "boating club" to be up and running once again,but it is down to his "higher ranking" work colleagues .A lot of people know that a "curtain person" wants to fill the boating pool in and turn it into a minature golf coarse(crazy golf)this wont happen(money does not talk on this occasion).Also wyndham park has been given a "green flag award" S.K.D.C. could lose this status so easy.I go to a lot of boating venue`s through out the country and a lot of people(knowing i come from Grantham)when is Grantham going to have water, and when can we come sailing at wyndham pk.My answer is "speak to the council".The general public of Grantham will tell you,we use to go to wyndham park and often see the "model boats" now NOTHING.When people see/visiting the boating lake,they must think what a shame,how can the council allow this "EYESORE TO HAPPEN"(No fault on the boat club).Because it has no interest to certain members  of SKDC they are willing to let it go like the rest of this town(in the gutter).Just one last point to say,i am no good at putting words politely or in the right context,but hopefully you can get the jist of what i`m trying to say,that is  why i got "NO FRIENDS" cos i speak my mind.

Bubblehead

• Shipmate
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 07:20:32 pm »

Totally agree Baloo, been onto the council already.  We will see how long it is before they reply.

Also been onto the environment agency, and they have not been contacted about taking water from the witham, should have a confirmatory e-mail soon.

Should make for an interesting forum meeting at trend of the month.

Bubblehead

• Shipmate
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2013, 04:31:29 pm »

Well it looks like the future is bleak for Grantham & District Model Boat Club.  Following a meeting with the Wyndham Park Forum and SKDC, it looks like little if nothing will be done about the model boat lake until 2015/16 when lottery funding "may" become available for the re-development of the park itself.

Other avenues of funding were discussed as options, but there was mention of a business plan for the boat club.

Well i have heard it all now, i thought it was a stress free hobby (apart from building them) and a joy for members of the public to watch and enquire about.

Need to source some other water[size=78%] that will take surface and sub-surface craft close by.[/size]

It will be a travesty if this club is forced to leave the town after nearly 20 years  {:-{ :(( >:-o >>:-( <:(

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2013, 04:39:44 pm »

Get the local press on side.
An article about the problem and
the fact that the local councillor is
dragging his heels.
Lobby the councillor with the portfolio for
recreational spaces.
Get the reporter to push the fact that you guys
sailing your boats bring visitors to watch and
spend a bit of cash.

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.