Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Grantham & District MBC  (Read 25621 times)

inertia

Re: Grantham & District MBC
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2013, 04:45:19 pm »

And the local TV (East Midlands Today) are always on the look out for "non-city" stories like this one.
Dave M

Bubblehead

• Shipmate
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2013, 10:36:32 am »

Thanks for the advice gents :-))

E-mailed my local councillors (one who is the portfolio holder for arts & leisure), the next day the club secretary get a call to attend a meeting (in 2 weeks time) with the funding department as the council are currently getting quoters from contractors to effect a repair.

Hopefully a step in the right direction.

:-) :-) :-) :-)

Dive, Dive, Dive, emergency deep, rig for silent running

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
  • I`M YOUR FRIENDLY TRUCKER
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2013, 10:40:52 am »

Who is the local councillor that is dragging his/hers heels,because the infomation to the press/tv would be very handy.Lots of model boat clubs when i go to shows,always ask when can we come and sail at "GRANTHAM".I have always said the council are not interested in the model boat club,because there is nothing in it for them.

Bubblehead

• Shipmate
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2013, 11:31:33 am »

As i understand it (and i could be mis-informed)  It is the following people dealing with the boat lake:-

Steve Frisby
Mike Smith
Lee Gascoigne

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2013, 12:56:33 pm »

lee gascoingn & mike smith are against the boating lake,it is only steve frisby who wants the boat club to progress

Bubblehead

• Shipmate
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2013, 01:03:46 pm »

Lee obviously does not get much of a say in things, as he has been directed to get quotes ready for the meeting on the 15th, when the club secretary meets with them to discuss what funding is available/can be applied for.

We will see where it takes us, local radio on standby, newspaper e-mail pre-written along with info for local tv.

My subs are not dry dock exhibits.

<*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*<

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2013, 04:56:55 pm »

Local elections 2nd May.
May be a different lot in
power after that.
Lobby the candidates Hard
Best of luck lads

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Bubblehead

• Shipmate
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2014, 06:53:48 pm »

It is looking very promising for the model boat lake in Grantham, as the first round of lottery funding has been approved.

Hopefully we will see the boating lake restored to its former glory, and the club once again flourishing in 2014!!!!!!!!!!

%% %% %% %% %% %% %% %% %% %% %% %% [/size][size=78%] [/size]

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2014, 08:34:56 pm »

That's good news, keep us posted

troutrunner

• -----------------------
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Nil illegitimi Carborundum
    • Web Editor
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2014, 11:00:04 pm »

That's good news, keep us posted

with a bit of luck If you get it sorted I'll be joining you if you'll have me
Paul

pondskater

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2014, 11:28:34 am »

Are there any further updates on the state of play with the pond ?

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2014, 01:31:28 pm »

As far as I know the pool will be repaired by the council, hopefully 2015 will be operational, there is an event at wyndham park on 27th july  10.00am start I am sure there will be the model boat club member/s there to answer your questions

troutrunner

• Full Mayhemer
    • Web Editor
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2014, 11:35:42 am »

Any news on when the Grantham pool is to be repaired ?

I found the Wyndham Park Website and found hardly a mention of the Grantham club or about the repairs................. :((
Paul

troutrunner

• Full Mayhemer
    • Web Editor
Update on the state of the water.
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2014, 03:29:48 pm »

Right, here is an Update in reply to the message I left on the Wyndham Park website :-))

My question to them......
Hi, with the lottery funding that has been received does this mean that the Model Boat Pool will be restored soon ? second question:- why has the Model boat club not have a page on this site like the Bowls Club and the Garden do ?
Kind regards, Paul.

A reply came quite quickly and here it is.

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your enquiry.

With regards to the Model Boat Lake repairs – they are prioritised within the Heritage Lottery funding and as soon as we are allowed to commence with the actual capital works the leak will be repaired......and the Model Boat Club up and running again. However we have to complete a second round application – (aiming for August 2015) so provided there are no hiccoughs work could commence in Spring 2016.

As far as the website is concerned when the new look website was set up the Model Boat Club was not in operation due to the leak in the tank. We have got a page in the Photo Gallery though.

Once the club are up and running again we will either provide a link to their own website and/or provide information on ours as to opening times and events. If you wish to be in touch with those who run the club – and are on the Forum then I can forward your email to them.

Likewise if you are interested in being involved – even at this early stage  - in the plans for the improvements etc then you would be most welcome. We are always looking for new blood on the Forum – and if you are not a “committee/meeting” person then we would still welcome help with various activities/ expertise in specific areas etc.

I will ensure the matter of a Model Boat Club page is addressed at the next Forum meeting.

Regards

Elizabeth Bowskill
Secretary
Wyndham Park Forum
Paul

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2014, 09:45:01 am »

Promises, Promises this issue has been going on for over a very long period (yrs) the Council Contractors ARE at fault. Who in there right mind would leave a JCB digger in the pool area, knowing full well what would happen?. I have plenty of contacts throu various clubs that keep saying WHEN is "Grantham Model Boat Club" going to be up and running (3 yrs now),well my answer is somebody tried to buy the land and wanted another venue  there but was refused, if they repaired the problem when it happened then Grantham would still have a very successful model boat club like it used to. So now members still have to travel 30miles plus to sail there models nothing changes. So now we will have to wait another 18 months for anything to be done. Lets wait and see this space !!

troutrunner

• Full Mayhemer
    • Web Editor
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2014, 11:04:13 am »

Promises, Promises this issue has been going on for over a very long period (yrs) the Council Contractors ARE at fault. Who in there right mind would leave a JCB digger in the pool area, knowing full well what would happen?.

I know some of the history, now I know a little more, thanks.

Has anyone gone along to any of there forum meetings ? it would seem there is an open invite, perhaps we should attend en masse ?

So now members still have to travel 30miles plus to sail there models nothing changes. So now we will have to wait another 18 months for anything to be done. Lets wait and see this space !!

So where do folk go to sail there boats ?

Would the possibility of somewhere 7miles from Grantham be any good ? I know someone with a suitable pond/lake, if I get any interest I will ask. Email troutrunner@fsmail.net or PM me for a phone number.........
Paul

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2014, 03:01:36 pm »

Some x  members have gone to boston/king lear/Nottingham & Lincoln,and I do know someone one on the forum I will be seeing him on sat at blackpool,will have a chat and let you know if he knows anything different

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2016, 02:20:34 pm »

R.I.P. GRANTHAM AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB,there was a bloke who wanted this bit of land for a long time,and I bet he IS involved,if they repaired the damage in the beginning, then G&DMBC would still be a successful club,but sadly this club has gone

troutrunner

• Full Mayhemer
    • Web Editor
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2016, 07:05:55 am »

Can you tell us more ? What is actually happening with the pool ?
Paul

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2016, 01:35:30 pm »

All information is in the Target newspaper,stating what changes are happening with the pool area,

troutrunner

• Full Mayhemer
    • Web Editor
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2016, 07:10:42 am »

If the Target is a free news paper it doesn't reach out to the village I live in, I will try and find it online.............
Paul

troutrunner

• Full Mayhemer
    • Web Editor
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2016, 07:34:28 am »

For any one who is interested I asked a question on the Wyndham Park website and below is their answer that I just found in my inbox.

Hello Paul,

I can confirm that the Model Boating Lake will be repaired and refilled as part of the Parks For People Heritage Lottery funded project. SKDC and the Wyndham Park Forum have just submitted the Stage 2 application for funding which would be allocated to capital building works, as well as an increased activity programme, and includes repairs to the pool.
The decision on this funding stream will be made in June – so by the summer we should know a) if we have been successful in securing the funds and b)will plan the programme of works which it is anticipated should be complete by early 2018.
It is not clear yet exactly when the pool will be ready for use, but there will be plenty of information available during the course of the project.
As for the Model Boat Club itself – membership has been suspended since there was no activity in Wyndham Park – and once the facility is useable again, it is hoped that a group can be put together to run the facility and the Model Boat Club.
If you are interested in anything to do with either the Model Boat Club or with helping in this exciting project then please let me know. We are always looking for volunteers – in whatever capacity and for whatever skill they may have to offer.
The next Wyndham Park Forum meeting – at which this and other projects/events in the park are discussed is on Tuesday 26th April at 2 pm in the Bowls Club.

Many thanks for your enquiry

Regards
Elizabeth Bowskill
Secretary
Wyndham Park Forum

So if you want to get involved Baloo and find out more direct from the horses mouth as it were, now is the time for action, I think I will attend the meeting, if you or any other folk in the area want to join me, either post on this thread or PM me on here, we could all meet up before hand an discuss it if anyone would like to, it is up to you.
Paul

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2016, 08:11:38 pm »

No i dont want to be a volunteer because i open my mouth and say what i think and people dont like that,to many people with there noses stuck up the backside,and then talking about the horses mouth WHY was Grantham and district model boat club told to VACATE the premises by STEVE FRISBY,most model boaters from Grantham lost heart in the pool due to the COUNCIL full of promises and nothing happening,nobody in the beginning wanted to take responsibility for the damaged caused by leaving a digger in the pool area with keys still in it !,that's why we sail elsewhere now,I have always said to the club why 4ft deep 30" would be sufficient (for yachts),it would be easier to maintain and easy to get the fish out that people kept putting in there,but hey Ho life is life,just get on with it and see what happens.

troutrunner

• Full Mayhemer
    • Web Editor
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2016, 07:57:37 am »

we sail elsewhere now

Where do you sail your boats Baloo, Boston or Lincoln seem to be the nearest to me, I'm near to Ropsley. I do know the owner of a lake close by and I asked if I could sail there and he said yes, so there is a thought.
Paul

troutrunner

• Full Mayhemer
    • Web Editor
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2016, 12:54:57 pm »

I have emailed the Wyndham Park forum secretary Elizabeth Bowskill again for an update, in the reply I received  an invitation to join in and I think it is open to all. I have also replied and asked to be kept informed of the outcome of the imminent announcement.

Dear Paul,

News is imminent - and we will be in a position to make an announcement on 15th July.
     We have a park forum meeting tomorrow (6th July) if you wish to come - although it is short notice. Otherwise might I suggest that you keep in touch and come to future meetings - as I said in my earlier email we are always looking for more volunteers to join us.

Regards

Elizabeth
Paul
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 22 queries.